Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pc Keeps Crashing

ok i have 512mb of ram so i will take 1 stick out and see what happens, but i have had 512mb of ram for about 6 months now and everything has been ok

EDIT: is there any software that cures registry problems automatically because the ram thing didnt work

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    dont take one out mate go in bios ,advanced chipset features.set your timmin on manual if you can ,change to

5 t,ras
    2 trcd
    2 trp

2 cas latencey

maybe changin' the cas latency or take both sticks out then back in or in different banks...

to check all drivers ,start run type ....verifier.....

in the new window ,create standard settins ,ok,select all drivers on this computer.Ater it reboots if it doesn't crash it should tell you any drivers at fault.When finish'd repeat verifier ,delete existin' settings.

is there any software that cures registry problems automatically
    windoctor...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    ok, the first thing you mention ck, i cant find in the advanced chipset features or anywhere else in the bios for that matter. as for the second piece of advice when i do the first part of the instruction my pc works ok and doesnt crash in safe mode of normal mode and it doesnt display any faults with any drivers BUT when i do the verifier thing again and 'delete existing settings', then go back to normal boot up the pc starts crashing again. i ran windoctor and it found several problems and repaired them but still no change. in the blue error screen that comes up when the pc crashes it has said registry problem a few times and come up with this code 0x00000051, but everytime it crashes it comes up with a different error message but the most common is registry problem.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    dude, what was the last thing you did when your comp crashed?
    were you playing a video game?

Cause if you were it's definitely a mem problem. In this case
    replace your stick one of them is defected.

By the way what ver of windows?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    i dont play any games on my pc, the last thing i was doing i was d/l some music which i left on overnight and when i got up the pc was continuously crashing. im using win xp. im d/l the xp os from suprnova right now and will re-install over the one i have now, i think thats what i should do

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Dude...just do the memory check like I originally said. BTW: Losing a mem. chip is kinda like blowing a tire...IT JUST HAPPENS...doesn't matter if you've had it installed for 6+ mos....
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'><span style='font-familyptima'>L8R&#33;
    Lzzrdboy</span></span></span>

Tylertoo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    my registry was corrupt, what does that mean

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Depends on what exactly was "corrupt". Did you get an error stating only "the registry is corrupt" or were you prompted that a particular file or key was causing an issue?

Thanks for your patience...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'><span style='font-familyptima'>L8R&#33;
    Lzzrdboy</span></span></span>

Tylertoo

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    My surmise. Last thing you were doing was downloading. Virus & or Trojan infestation. Get the latest version of Stinger & or Avasts Cleaner.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    it just said on the blue screen that the registry is corrupt, i took my pc into a shop and he also said the same thing, but what does that mean, how does that happen and how can it be prevented in the future??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast