Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pc Keeps Crashing

hi, my pc keeps crashing (re-starting) any ideas. i cant even do a virus check because the crashing intervals are to soon.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    is there a message saying its going to shut down after so many seconds

sounds like you have the Sasser.B.Worm
    info and removal instructions
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...ser.b.worm.html

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    no messages, just crashes.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by the mask@12 May 2004 - 08:00
    no messages, just crashes.
    does it just lock up or does it restart really quickly?

for restarting:
    riht click my computer>properties>advacned>click settings for startup and recovery>uncheck auto restart. Then next time instead of restarting it will go to a blue screen and display an error message. Write this down and post it here or search google.

For Lockups, i dunno, maybe a driver or prgoram conflict. run msconfig (start>run>msconfig) then click startup and uncheck any unneeded programs.

do a virus scan with an uptodate scanner.

do a spyware scan, with an uptodate scanner. spysweeper is good.

well good luck, but we really need a bit more info.

edit: oh ya, are you OCing?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    I'm guessing you are unable to enter control panel or run av or spyware scans if you're system is restarting prior to getting to the desktop...if this is the case, you may want to use a rescue disk but to be honest...sounds like a memory problem.

Try removing one or more mem sticks and restarting. If that doesn't work, try booting with just ONE memory chip installed.

You may want to use one of the boot disks from the Ultimate Boot Disk series to further troubleshoot...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'><span style='font-familyptima'>L8R&#33;
    Lzzrdboy</span></span></span>

Tylertoo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    it just re-starts really quickly, no locking up, and im not overclocking. done the sasser worm check and nothing found. will do the above instructions now.

EDIT: ok this is the message on the blue screen, it first tells me i have a problem etc.. then page_fault_in_monpaged_area
    then it goes on as you know and at the bottom is this, stop:0x00000050 (0xffffffe2,0x00000000, 0x8053434e,0x00000000)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Tap F8 as you are rebooting to go into safe mode

then hopefully you can run your AV checks etc.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by the mask@12 May 2004 - 13:28
    it just re-starts really quickly, no locking up, and im not overclocking. done the sasser worm check and nothing found. will do the above instructions now.

EDIT: ok this is the message on the blue screen, it first tells me i have a problem etc.. then page_fault_in_monpaged_area
    then it goes on as you know and at the bottom is this, stop:0x00000050 (0xffffffe2,0x00000000, 0x8053434e,0x00000000)
    This is almost always a driver problem. It may tell you the name of the driver just after those numbers you quoted. Why do people always stop just before they give the vital bit of information?

Have you just added new hardware, or updated the drivers? If so, try removing the hardware or rolling back the drivers.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    there has also been this error message 0x0000008e and win32k.sys, the page also said something about disabling memory in the bios settings but how do i do that if its necessary. i have not installed any new drivers but that win32k.sys i got from the ms website update thingy, but that was during my crashing problem

EDIT: it crashes in safe mode aswell

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    hi lynx page_fault_in_monpaged_area is a mem problem i think m8 if you go to ms they tell you bs about you having too much ram n cut it down to 128mb.what i did on my umm i cant think of the manu ak38n mobo was change the timim&#39; to 5-2-2-2 otherwise it would crash with the same msg.Or maybe reseat it m8....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast