Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help With Movies

manker's Avatar effendi
    will that work with divx and others?
    yeah nero will burn those too.

wrt to ur initial point:

black screen shows up with a divx logo in the bottom right corner. the logo fades and no vidoe ever comes on
    I'm pretty sure that file is a fake. I had the exact same problem with an avi I downloaded, I had advice on this board to load it into Gspot to see what it came up with -- it was a fake! try it with your file.

manker
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Exactly. Blank movie means a fake. Otherwise you would have gotten an error (like could not find correct codec to play this file).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    ok i will try that gspot prog i got it with the codec pack
    thank you everyone for helping me!!!! it is all appreciated.

thank you
    19 TRACK PLAYLIST!!!!
    ALL BEATS AND MUSIC COMPOSED BY ME, BIGLON!!!!!!
    HIP HOP REMIXES, DNB, JAZZ, ACID JAZZ, AND MORE

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-familyptima'>My Front Page and Info

My Music Page

Leave me a message&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum as well so please be patient.

I downloaded a few video files as well and most of them are great, but I also have some files which just show the DIVX logo on the bottom corner of the screen.

I tried a few different players like AVIPreview, Divx Player Cliprex and a few others with no luck. Funny thing is that GSpot tells me that it is a valid video file, it will even render with no errors.

So either I don&#39;t have the right player or there are some people out there deliberately sharing false files.

I really hope that it is my player or else I might start losing faith in fellow sharers.

naps

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    ok i got it i was just being impatient&#33;&#33;&#33; i see what it is doing and i see where to convert to- kvcd etc.

p.s. sorry for the PM
    19 TRACK PLAYLIST&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    ALL BEATS AND MUSIC COMPOSED BY ME, BIGLON&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    HIP HOP REMIXES, DNB, JAZZ, ACID JAZZ, AND MORE

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-familyptima'>My Front Page and Info

My Music Page

Leave me a message&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    hey naps, your player and codecs are almost certainly fine. when I said it showed as a fake I didnt mean it wasn&#39;t a valid .avi - the file plays fine, just how it was intended to play - I meant that it wasn&#39;t the film that the file name purported it to be.

When you press the legnth check info box Gspot will tell you (at least it told me) that the .avi has several mb&#39;s of "junk" attached to it -- in this case 680mbs of "junk" -- thats how Gspot told me it was a fake.

So either I don&#39;t have the right player or there are some people out there deliberately sharing false files.
    those bastards.

manker
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Of course some people are just lazy and dont remove the fakes from their shared folder and then it just keeps on spreading with more and more sources so it looks like a good file to go for.

So don&#39;t forget to delete em when you find out what they are..

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Thanks manker, I had a closer look at GSpot and I see the the "junk" that it reported with the file. Oh well, I guess that means I take a closer look at all files before downloading the complete thing.

No great effort really, just a pain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12