Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help With Movies

ok, first hello all, this is my first post on this board, anyway i just downloaded some new movies (divx)avi, and tried to view in avi viewer and in winamp, but when i hit play a black screen shows up with a divx logo in the bottom right corner. the logo fades and no vidoe ever comes on. does this mean the movie is not good or do i just not have the correct codecs and stuff to view them??

thanks
    biglon
    19 TRACK PLAYLIST!!!!
    ALL BEATS AND MUSIC COMPOSED BY ME, BIGLON!!!!!!
    HIP HOP REMIXES, DNB, JAZZ, ACID JAZZ, AND MORE

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-familyptima'>My Front Page and Info

My Music Page

Leave me a message&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I had a problem with no picture useing another player and i downloaded this . ffdshow .
    inside this has loads of codecs etc ... try it .. it wont hurt anyway . otherwise i surgest trying another player?

any regular users feel free to correct me

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl2
    could be fake, try it in videolan http://www.videolan.org
    if it doesn&#39;t play in that it&#39;s most likely a fake

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    thanks for the reply, that ffdshow didnt work, but i am currently downloading vlc and i will let you know if it works muchspl2&#33;&#33;
    thanks
    19 TRACK PLAYLIST&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    ALL BEATS AND MUSIC COMPOSED BY ME, BIGLON&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-familyptima'>My Front Page and Info

My Music Page

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ok opened the zip file, clicked on vlc.exe and nothing happened, i pressed ctrl alt del and it said the prog was running but i cannot see it? i am running win98 se, can you tell me how to install it??

My Music Page

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    ok installed and running videolan&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; works fine with all other vids until i try to resize screen then it performs illegal operation&#33;&#33; when i try to play those avi files it plays a blank screen so i guess it is a bad file then? i guess i&#39;ll look in the verified before grabbing anything else.
    thanks for the help&#33;&#33;&#33;

My Music Page

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    um , have you got at least directx 9 running on your computer with win 98

win 98 needs at least direct x 8 i believe to play avi&#39;s and stuff correctly

i know bsplayer wont even run without directx 8

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    im not running directx8 its lower, iknow it is, but im not having a problen viewing all avi files i can view some divx and others are just a black screen with the divx logo I have gotten alot of codecs but nothing seems to work.
    another question, i use nero burning 5.5 to burn vcds from avi files, can i burn divx and xvids also, i guess the question is if i can view it on the computer will i be able to burn it through that prog??

thanks again&#33;

My Music Page

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    muchspl2
    check my sig on how-2 svcd/vcd and kvcd
    kvcd is dA-shiznit but I have provided guides for both
    good luck

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    cool thx, i have a kvcd of dave chappelle killing them softly, came out dvd quality&#33;&#33;
    i need that prog to convert but i hate how long it takes tmpge to convert the way i do it is just load the avi files into nero and it converts them it still takes along time but i put it to burn and automaticcly shut down after completion so i can leave it will that work with divx and others?

My Music Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast