Thread: Best Windows Base Alternative

I want something that is exactly like windows xp but only free. Not linux but windows.

Ive heard about FreeBSD but dont know much about it.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    FreeBSD is unix. Much harder than Linux.
    There aren't any real Windows clones because the source code is such a secret. There is a desktop environment for Linux that looks as XP. You can see what it looks like here. This is the closest thing to XP I've seen.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I was going to sell a system online that was ready-to-use. But I dont think it would be safe to sell something that had a... how should i put this... non-purchased OS on it. Can and I wasnted it to be easy to use for beginners. Can anyone think of anything non-linux/unix.

@ Xero Grid - thanks, ive seen that before but never really wanted to try it.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Sorry, but the only other free OS not related to Unix, is FreeDOS.
    I know you don&#39;t want that. But, hey, if you want to reconsider Linux, you can go with something easy like Mandrake.

Like I said, I don&#39;t know of any real XP clones. I mean there is a version of Linux called Linux XP (never tried it), but you said you don&#39;t want anything *nix. It&#39;s just everything not Windows is usually *nix.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.