Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burning A Dvd Vob Files

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i just got my dvd burner not long ago and am using the programs that came with it. i tried to burn a dvd (vob files) and the program i'm using (sonic's "my dvd") says it can't burn it. i'm not sure if i'm doing it correctly or that program sux or both! can someone help me out and hold my hand and tell me what i need to do plz? thx!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    The only tools needed for copying DVDs are:
    DVD Decrypter [free]
    DVD Shrink [free]
    Nero [not free]

I believe you can use DVD decrypter to select the files and burn them. If the files take too much space, use DVD Shrink which has the capability of burning through Nero. I haven't had too much experience ripping and burning DVDs myself, but I know for sure those programs are the best.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i use dvdshrink and it works great

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    does that mean that in order to use dvd shrink, you have to have nero installed or can you have roxio instead.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Xero Grid@13 May 2004 - 09:44
    The only tools needed for copying DVDs are:
    DVD Decrypter [free]
    DVD Shrink [free]
    Nero [not free]

I believe you can use DVD decrypter to select the files and burn them. If the files take too much space, use DVD Shrink which has the capability of burning through Nero. I haven&#39;t had too much experience ripping and burning DVDs myself, but I know for sure those programs are the best.

-- Xero Grid --
    thx man i appreciate it. i tried dvd decrypter and i guess i was doing something wrong. so, i tired dvd shrink next. i got the dvd to burn, but the dvd plays in frames or something. like it&#39;s skipping. anyone know what i did wrong? and how to fix this? thx again guys&#33;
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I haven&#39;t used roxio in a long time, but DVD Shrink should be able to forward to your burning application of choice. I haven&#39;t had a real good chance to use it yet. DVD Decrypter, on the other hand has it&#39;s own burning features.

Oh, BTW, if you ripped just the video, and not the entire DVD, you can reauthor it with Nero or Roxio as well (to include menus and other features). There are also programs specifically made for that purpose. Doom9 and AfterDawn should have links to any worthy software and guides to use them.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I also like using Clone DVD to copy dvd movies. It will not shrink them to fit on one dvd though but it will let you split them on two dvd&#39;s and that feature works great.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Yeah, but it can&#39;t decrypt DVDs as well. I&#39;d say if it had those two features which are really crucial for DVD copying, it might be worth buying. I heard CloneDVD works well with AnyDVD, though, but why get shareware when freeware can do just as good?

-- Xero Grid --

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    agreed

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by firefox@13 May 2004 - 16:27
    does that mean that in order to use dvd shrink, you have to have nero installed or can you have roxio instead.
    its best to have Nero installed (the demo will do fine) as DVD Shrink uses Nero burning engine automatically with out you even knowing - it makes thing easier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast