Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help!

i dont know if this is a hardaware problem or not but every time i try to start far cry the game my pc restarts. i dont know what to do. right when its about to go to the main menu it restarts. please some on help how do i fix this

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Is it only with that game?

First thing to do is turn off the automatic restart feature: Right click 'My Computer'>Properties>Advanced tab>Startup and recovery - Settings>Remove the checkmark for [ ] Automatically Restart and click Ok.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Yeah, do all that, then get this thread moved to Gameworld or Softwareworld, cos it isn't a hardware problem.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i tried it. now it doesnt rextart but it shows a blue screen before it gets to the main menu. im confused now what would i do and yes its only on this game other games work perfectly. now what do i do.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by HyE PrIdE THUG@13 May 2004 - 15:36
    i tried it. now it doesnt rextart but it shows a blue screen before it gets to the main menu. im confused now what would i do and yes its only on this game other games work perfectly. now what do i do.
    the point to the restart thing, which vb failed to mention, is that instead of the system just restarting it would show you a blue screen with an error message. make it restart again and write down what the error is, then post it here. get as much info as possible.

its probably either a ram or driver problem. most likely driver.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    try another driver m8 the odd games are assholes n just wont work..

could be conflictin with something...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    the srceen was just blue it said nothing. so what drivers should i get i mean ihave thenewest catalyst ati drivers. help what should i do.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    that blue screen came up but this time it said something. it said some about check if software or hardware installed are or properly and something about physical memory dump on the very bottom maybe this is why far cry doesnt work. this time the blue screen came when i was just browsing the web though. what does this mean and what should i do please help.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    you didnt need to make a new topic

and, you gotta write down teh error number that is displayed on the screen. it will be something like unhandled_exception (0x26000) something like that.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by HyE PrIdE THUG@13 May 2004 - 13:22
    that blue screen came up but this time it said something. it said some about check if software or hardware installed are or properly and something about physical memory dump on the very bottom maybe this is why far cry doesnt work. this time the blue screen came when i was just browsing the web though. what does this mean and what should i do please help.
    the blue screen of death
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast