Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Hey, Just asking for some suggestions on my system!
    This is how it stands now, the specs are more or less in my sig, other then a few different overclocks.
    My ram is at 11-3-3-2.5, I was trying to get to 11-2-2-2 but this is as far as I could get with staying completly stable
    My graphics card is running in overdrive, @ 526.5/342Mhz
    and my CPU is as shown in the screenshot below

and my full load temps are as shown below, after running SiSoft Sandra Brun in Wizard for quite some time....
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v147/kaiweiler/loadtemps.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    These temps are something I have been working on for a while, and I have finally chieved what I have been looking for, and that is with a massive OC on the CPU B)

Anyway, are there any suggestions on maybe hot to get my memory timings closer to 11-2-2-2 or any other suggestions would be awesome!
    thanks
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    you could always get some ramsinks

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by atiVidia@14 May 2004 - 17:02
    you could always get some ramsinks
    thanks for the suggestion, I don't have ramsinks, but do have copper Vantec Heatspreaders wich do almost the same job, just not as well lol
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    oh and also, one more thing!
    my voltages are:

vcore: 1.75
    chipset: 1.7
    vdimm: 2.8

all the rest are stock....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Why have you got Tras at 11 cycles? Thats one heck of a long delay.

What are the system defaults? If you've got a GOOD mobo the defaults will probably be about right. The settings retrieved by your mobo from the SPD chip are frequency independent, so a good mobo will adjust the settings dependent on the frequency you use.

Set the timings to aggressive, then play about with the frequencies. If the timings change significantly when you reduce the frequency slightly then you can try reducing the memory timings manually. Otherwise you will have to do things by trial and error and experiment with different settings (and memory voltages) yourself.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Lynx,

Current scuttlebut around several forums has it that the nForce2 chipset responds well to the exaggerated tras setting of 11.
    Don't know why, but I'm not that technical....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°

I'm gonna have to suggest a Windows theme

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by lynx@14 May 2004 - 21:42
    Why have you got Tras at 11 cycles? Thats one heck of a long delay.

What are the system defaults? If you've got a GOOD mobo the defaults will probably be about right. The settings retrieved by your mobo from the SPD chip are frequency independent, so a good mobo will adjust the settings dependent on the frequency you use.

Set the timings to aggressive, then play about with the frequencies. If the timings change significantly when you reduce the frequency slightly then you can try reducing the memory timings manually. Otherwise you will have to do things by trial and error and experiment with different settings (and memory voltages) yourself.
    As clocker already mentioned, 11 responds best with nforce2 boards and seems to be true as far as i've seen

@sparsely - That is actually windows XP pro that you are seeing there, I just set it to "adjust for best performance" when running benchmarks or anything, which I was doing earlier...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    There's no real point in pushing your ram further than it's "happy" to go. Tightening your timings will have a minimal effect in the real world, if I were you I wouldn't be worrying about them.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Kai;

I noticed that you have 32 processes running; if you went through Blackvipers service configuration information you could drastically increase performance by disabling unnecessary services.

I only have 18 running (including IE, ATi tool, Rage3d tray app, gameutil.exe, edexter, and ati tray tools.

Turn off those useless services = increased performance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast