Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Am Sorry

Poster
    Originally posted by vidcc@15 May 2004 - 04:44
    .I make this point because fundamentalist groups such as al quada do not embrace democracy
    If your use of Jihad relates to the fudermentalist in the Islamic religion then you may be right as some may say that a Jihad is justified due to the torture of innocent Muslims by the Infidel. But it is more likely that it is extremissts are to blame rather than the devout.

this is not to say just because they may be extreme they are unjustified in repelling the invading forces with whatever actions they see fit

For Examplr

A bunch of Muslims stormed into Washington stating that bush was a warmonger and his actions puts the world in danger and they argue that they would give the capital back in a couple of months as long as they can coordinate a regime change

What would American do

Neil.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Neil

I made no reference to jihads in the post which was admittedly off the thread topic. I should have used a better example than i did but Al quaeda was the most well know of the "arab" fundamentalist groups even though it had nothing to do with Iraq. The point of my post was that most hardline Arab groups (just as we have political parties) wish to gain power but do not embrace democracy, making a western emulated democracy almost unworkable in such a society

I don't view extremist as ordinary muslims, rather people misusing the muslim name. Islam doesn't condone killing.

If you are after agreement of your original point, yes something like the nick berg incident happening was probably inevitable. It isn't that an American was killed that is causing the outrage as much as the way it happened so we cannot just take it as an inevitability of war or revenge.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Poster
    As I understand it the date for hand over of power to the Iraqi civilian authority is set. I believe it is in June, there has been nothing to indicate a change to this, that I have heard.

At that time they will also take control of the prisoners currently being held, they will also try anyone awaiting trial.

So it turns out White Anglo Saxon Protestants don't believe in God after all, that comes as no surprise to me.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I read Muchspl's conspiracy theory and was actually surprised.

It was far more coherent than most conspiracy theories I have read.

Not sure I buy it though - and if it was ever proved to be true it would result in the clear out of just about everybody in the CIA in that region and perhaps above too.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    i wouldn't be surprised if bush ""retaliates"" in berg's name. already we have seen what his ""retaliation"" 4 9 11 has amounted 2. oops Bush did it again. why do the evil people win in the end while berg an simple american is slaughtered?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Ya I watched the video . I tucked in and Kissed my little boy's after . And thanked god I live in a free country .

Edit . I'm sick thinking of his mom and dad . Poor soul's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123