Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Dont Muslims Emigrate To America

Poster
    But?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Actually, most Muslim families of means send their children here for college and post graduate education.

Why don't they come here to live and raise their young 'uns here?

Easy, because you cannot unlearn enlightenment.

Once people taste freedom and choice, it cannot be unlearned.

They want to sent their children to glean what our universities have to offer, but do not want them to savor the fruits of freedom.

You cannot raise a Muslim child in the US and expect him grow up and accept what he would have in his native theocracy.

Once people see the world without bars, they refuse to return to the cage.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 May 2004 - 21:26
    Actually, most Muslim families of means send their children here for college and post graduate education.

Why don't they come here to live and raise their young 'uns here?

They want to sent their children to glean what our universities have to offer, but do not want them to savor the fruits of freedom.

You cannot raise a Muslim child in the US and expect him grow up and accept what he would have in his native theocracy.

so ur basically calling mulsims that live in other countries all live according to a culture that is so old, that they don't want their kids to taste freedom. lol, ur pretty dumb.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Originally posted by cpt_azad+15 May 2004 - 06:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cpt_azad &#064; 15 May 2004 - 06:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Why don&#39;t they come here to live and raise their young &#39;uns here?

so ur basically calling mulsims that live in other countries all live according to a culture that is so old, that they don&#39;t want their kids to taste freedom. lol, ur pretty dumb.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad
    @10 April 2004 - 05:39
    thank you, some one atleast knows what i felt like at that point in time.&nbsp; yes, i was shaking like a schoolgirl after the incident (don&#39;t know why, possibly because of the adrenaline?).&nbsp; [/quote]
    Hey Azad,

Do you remember this thread, after you claimed you had gotten robbed and you responded to my post.

Was I being stupid then too?

Do you like living in town called "denial" or what?

Platitudes have no value to the educated.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    enlightenment

the fruits of freedom
    dear muslim world,

please enjoy our enlightenment.

warmest regards,
    america

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    denial? i&#39;m not even muslim but i think i know idiotic statements when i see one, that&#39;s a pretty typical response coming from a true american citizen and i salute u for that, sure, muslims were like that 2-3 decades ago, and some still are, MOST aren&#39;t (UAE for example).

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    God bless America.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I may be wrong, but I don&#39;t think green cards are given away these days.

The overwhelming majority of the 1 billion+ Muslims just get on with their lives as they are. Like most people, they are inately conservative and view change with suspicion (often deep suspicion). They have no desire to go anywhere and do not want foreign ways impinging on them (especially if it is not on their terms)

The rich and powerful tend to consider themselves above such parochial concerns. I know from my university days some of the Arab students dabbled with alcohol, gambling and girls. However, some became highly politicised; ususally to the far left, but not exclusively.

Precisely because of inate conservatism we all tend to think the way we do things may not be perfect, but no one else does them better. The UK tabloids froth about immigration and paint a picture of impending doom as billions descend on our shores. However, the 10 new countries have joined the EU and the flood turned out to be a trickle - now politicians are talking about the need to attract certain skills.

There was real social upheaval when the USSR changed its system - there are many who still hanker after the old days, not politicians (who by and large just changed hats and kept their jobs) but the pensioner and the war vets etc., people whose whole lives had been based around a specific culture and are now cut adrift (and are for the most part worse off under the new system).

Sorry the above is somewhat meandering it is uncommonly warm today and my brain appears to melting. In short, 99% of the world stays put because, despite whatever problems, they like their own land and culture. They also tend to take the hump if people walk in and try and shove something alternative down their throats.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@15 May 2004 - 11:06
    denial? i&#39;m not even muslim but i think i know idiotic statements when i see one, that&#39;s a pretty typical response coming from a true american citizen and i salute u for that, sure, muslims were like that 2-3 decades ago, and some still are, MOST aren&#39;t (UAE for example).
    My statement came from direct observation of my Muslim collegues.

Their wives are trapped at home, their children are not allowed to interact with other children and they live in their own little community.

The people I am talking about are not radical Muslims, but ordinary citizens of Saudi Arabia.

I was merely saying that it is difficult to raise a child, particularly a girl, in a society that gives them a message that is so different than what their parents are telling them.

I think that all the different influences you are exposed to, in a free society (one in which daily prayers are not broadcast over public speakers) will cause children to sway from the path their parents want them to and this will cause severe family conflicts.

For example, several years ago I saw a TV documentary on Pakistani girls raised in Britain. Once grown they are expected to return to Pakistan for marriage and to live. Guess what, they don&#39;t want to go because they have tasted another life. What do their parents do? They hire people to kill or maim their own children. I remember vividly a brother telling the undercover hitman how to beat his sister and kill her. Surely these people are in the minority, I just wanted to give an extreme example to highlight my point.

Muslims will adapt to different societies over time, as you say, but the first step from Iran, Iraq, or Saudi Arabia will be very difficult to a man of faith and his children.

Your right, I am an American citizen and I am pretty typical. I make my decisions independently and I freely say what is on my mind. It&#39;s not so bad, really.

Since it appears that your ability to express yourself is restricted to "you&#39;re stupid", I think the STFU thread in the lounge would be more your speed.

And take that troller Biggles with you

Brainiac- Nice job making fun of achondroplastic dwarfs.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast