Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help With .wps File

Can anybody help me. A friend has sent me some very important text in a .wps file. I know it's microsoft works bu I don't have the program. I tried wordpad but it was scrambled.
    Then I tried notepad and there is scrambling at the start at end and also spaces between each letter and the lines are miles off to the side of the page. It's very hard to read.
    Can anybody help me out in being able to view this file correctly please?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Double Agent
    tell your friend to send you the file in txt format

if this is your way to get us to tell you how to get microsoft works for free...forget it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    No, it isn't. I already searched for that solution. I asked her to open the file and copy and paste it into notepad or something but she said she couldn't do that. Would it be possible for her to choose save as and then save it as a .txt file?
    If the answer is yes then thankyou very much for your help.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Get her to take a series of screenshots send them to you

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by whoeva@15 May 2004 - 08:21
    No, it isn't. I already searched for that solution. I asked her to open the file and copy and paste it into notepad or something but she said she couldn't do that. Would it be possible for her to choose save as and then save it as a .txt file?
    If the answer is yes then thankyou very much for your help.
    what do you mean "she couldn't do that", either she's a computer noob or she doesn't know what she's doing.

tell her how to cut and paste and send it to you via email

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Yes, you are right she is a computer noob. I thought she would be able to just cut and paste it but she said it was grey not black or something. I asked her to look in the edit menu to see if she could cilck select all and then copy but she said it wasn't there in the menu. I don't have the program so I don't know. I guess I'll ask her to try again next time she is online.

I just thought maybe there was a way to convert the file or something so I could read it and thought maybe somebody would be able to help me out with that.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@15 May 2004 - 17:24
    Get her to take a series of screenshots send them to you
    Didn't think of that. Good solution

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Try pressing CTRL+C instead of Edit>copy. Occasionally you will not be allowed to click on Edit>copy

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Ok, that's a good tip. I'm sure we'll be able to figure something out next time we're online. Thanx.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I Think Micosoft word can open it with an extra download from the Microsoft site. You may have to select all text and change it's coding or font or something to be able to read it. I know it sounds weird, but I've gotten a works document to be read with word. It shouldn't be too hard to find. Just search the Microsoft site.

Alternatively, maybe Abiword can handle the filtype with the import-export plug-in. This I can't be sure of though.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast