Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emulators

ive been looking for a ps2 emulator does any1 know where to get a ps2 emulator that will take the cdroms?

2. Games   -   #2
    I personally have never heard of one, but you can try searching the boards, Ive read about it somewhere in here.

3. Games   -   #3
    There isn't one that can handle any games, try again in 3-4 years.

4. Games   -   #4
    BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    OMG ANTOHER PERSON ASKIN LOOK SEARCH THE FORUM ITS BEEN ASKED LIKE A HUNDERED TIMES DO SEARCHES ON GOOGLE GOD MAN ITS NOT OUT FOR AAAAAAAAAAAAGES JUST BUY A PS2

5. Games   -   #5
    Might sound silly but are you saying you want to put your Ps2 games in your pc to play?

If that is a yes then there is a program i have used it.

6. Games   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Originally posted by Chilly
    Might sound silly but are you saying you want to put your Ps2 games in your pc to play? 

If that is a yes then there is a program i have used it.
    damn how fast is your cpu coz to emulate another computer takes plenty of power. The fastest p4 would leave any ps2 game slow as shit.

I do not think there will be a ps2 emulator for some time. you probably used bleem for a psx game.

7. Games   -   #7
    Riiight. It's my understanding that a ps2 has a 750 mHz processor in it. How exactly is it that a P4 3.06 gHz (that's 3060 mHz) is gonna be slow for a game that runs on a POS 750 mHz? Plus the new processors have hyperthreading, which means it should have no trouble whatsoever burning a CD while also playing an emulated ps2 game. Maybe I'm wrong.

8. Games   -   #8
    Twist3r
    i got one of them havent tested it out tho

please test it if u can

File:pcsx2-_0.1.zip
    Length:374698 Bytes,366KB
    UUHash:=Czc/0hP5g73QzFg2rXzUXmmY35s=

9. Games   -   #9
    Lord of the KLF
    Originally posted by HukdOnFonix@16 March 2003 - 23:11
    Riiight. It's my understanding that a ps2 has a 750 mHz processor in it. How exactly is it that a P4 3.06 gHz (that's 3060 mHz) is gonna be slow for a game that runs on a POS 750 mHz? Plus the new processors have hyperthreading, which means it should have no trouble whatsoever burning a CD while also playing an emulated ps2 game. Maybe I'm wrong.
    you wrong
    A ps2 dedicates all of the cpu to running the game however an emulator needs to run the os etc so more cpu power is needed

....now if someone could just create emulator os's that would boot from cd then you might be on to something but otherwise you will need a great big processor to play ps2 games

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by Razz@17 March 2003 - 03:03
    A ps2 dedicates all of the cpu to running the game however an emulator needs to run the os etc so more cpu power is needed
    It has to run the OS, true, but read up on HT technology.
    Quote for intel.com:

"Running at 3.06 GHz, the Intel Pentium 4 processor supporting Hyper-Threading Technology gives you the best overall Pentium 4 processor performance available††. Hyper-Threading Technology, which was pioneered on Intel's advanced server processors, helps your PC work more efficiently by maximizing processor resources and enabling a single processor to run two separate threads of software simultaneously. The result is greater performance and system responsiveness when running multiple applications at once. So you can multitask like never before."

Simply put, a P4 3.06 gHz would have no problem running the OS of choice and a ps2 game at the same time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast