Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those Little Icons On The Left

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    ok you know those icons on the right that tell you if there are new posts? well ive got a strange problem, which ive noticed has been happening for months now.

they are supposed to go another color if there is a post. but sometimes even posts i havent read the icon color changes...here is a pic:
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/rossco_2004/forum.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

the green circled ones i havent looked at yet, the icon is blue or red as you can see. this is how it is supposed to be. in the red circled ones are topics that i have read; you will notice that the icon is slightly greyed out. this is also normal...

what isnt normal is that the ones circled in blue are greyed out yet i havent actually read these topics....

why is that? it works fine on all other forums but this one...

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    BANNED
    Scroll down on a section on the forum and find out

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Notice the second red circle from top...now look to the far right.

that's my name there.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Sparsely@16 May 2004 - 00:23
    Notice the second red circle from top...now look to the far right.

that's my name there.
    my name is in the first red cirlce

@dwk, this?

i know, it says that those ones that arent greyed out should be where there are new posts. but even areas where there are new posts are still being greyed out.

edit: by new posts, do they mean posts that you have not read, or new posts as in they are 1 hour old...or something to that extent...?

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    BANNED
    Then I have noooo idea lol. I think it's a problem with IPB. Either way, maybe ANY admin could answer this, but I doubt any is "available"

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by DWk@16 May 2004 - 00:30
    Then I have noooo idea lol. I think it's a problem with IPB. Either way, maybe ANY admin could answer this, but I doubt any is "available"
    lol thanks anyway.

maybe the admin fairy will come around tonight while im sleeping ooh i cant wait till tommorrow when i wake up, i now have 2 things on this forum to look forward too

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+16 May 2004 - 05:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 16 May 2004 - 05:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DWk@16 May 2004 - 00:30
    Then I have noooo idea lol. I think it&#39;s a problem with IPB. Either way, maybe ANY admin could answer this, but I doubt any is "available"
    lol thanks anyway.

maybe the admin fairy will come around tonight while im sleeping ooh i cant wait till tommorrow when i wake up, i now have 2 things on this forum to look forward too [/b][/quote]
    Well it does not need a fairy to tell you that....or maybe it does...

There are a number of possibilities...

1. You have already read the post.

2. Go back to number 1.

@ Seriously though, I have also noticed that after a while they do get " greyed" out so this might not be a bug, but a feature.

It could also prove that you are reading too many posts, or your are not reading the posts fast enough..... (depending on whether it is a bug or a feature.... )

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Out of The Ordinary
    Here&#39;s what I think, You open a lot of topics in new windows, read/reply or whatever click View New Posts. Ofcourse the one You havnt read/replied to WILL be greyed out.

This image explains a little more about the icons:

BOT

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by nigel123+16 May 2004 - 06:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 16 May 2004 - 06:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@16 May 2004 - 05:33
    <!--QuoteBegin-DWk
    @16 May 2004 - 00:30
    Then I have noooo idea lol. I think it&#39;s a problem with IPB. Either way, maybe ANY admin could answer this, but I doubt any is "available"

lol thanks anyway.

maybe the admin fairy will come around tonight while im sleeping ooh i cant wait till tommorrow when i wake up, i now have 2 things on this forum to look forward too
    Well it does not need a fairy to tell you that....or maybe it does...

There are a number of possibilities...

1. You have already read the post.

2. Go back to number 1.

@ Seriously though, I have also noticed that after a while they do get " greyed" out so this might not be a bug, but a feature.

It could also prove that you are reading too many posts, or your are not reading the posts fast enough..... (depending on whether it is a bug or a feature.... ) [/b][/quote]
    no i havent already read those posts. you see i go to bed, then in the morning in hardware world, becuase it is so slow, its got about 10 new posts. they are all fine.

i go to software world, it shows like teh first 5 as new posts, and the rest greyed out, but the last things i read were like a page back&#33;

Here&#39;s what I think, You open a lot of topics in new windows, read/reply or whatever click View New Posts. Ofcourse the one You havnt read/replied to WILL be greyed out.
    thanks for the image, could have used that a long time ago but i understand it now, i have for about a month.

no i dont open a lot of topics in new windows, i actually only use one window for all my posts...what i do do though is open the forum website, see if there is anything new in hardware world, then close the window if there isnt...then 10 minutes later open it again...

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    I find the read post function messes up sometimes too. Also, occasionaly when going to page 2 of the lounge I lose all my &#39;s when returning to page 1

Maybe something wrong with the "FSTforum_read" cookie?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast