Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Thread: Wtf?

Every movie that I try to download comes out as a black screen when I attempt to preview it in AVI preview(Yes, they are AVI's that I'm downloading ). There are a few movies that I've downloaded recently that have come out ok but the new movies are always coming out as a black screen except for the 'DivX' symbol in the corner. Why is this? Do I just need to let them finish?

FYI A couple of the movies I've been have troubles with are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Scary Movie 3, are just two examples.

Yes I've read the FAQ.

I looked for the 'Problems and Questions' section that used to be here be I didn't see it. Feel free to move it Mods if it's in the wrong place.

2. ** REGISTER to REMOVE This Ad On The Site!! **
    Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
  3. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Use Videolan to preview movies.

By Bye Thread.

4. Movies & TV   -   #3
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Yeah move it mods

We don't know tech shit in the lounge

Personally I've had probs with that previewer, had it crash the prog or make a defect in the d/l or stop the d/l etc, so I don't use it. What are they like when you finshed the d/l?

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

5. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by J'Pol@16 May 2004 - 07:26
    Use Videolan to preview movies.

By Bye Thread.
    Been there done that. Doesn't work.

What are they like when you finshed the d/l?
    Black screen

Movieworld? Not really a troubleshooting place....................... is it?

6. Movies & TV   -   #5
    If it's a black screen with the DivX logo, it's a fake file. These bastards have taken do encoding a blank file that's still about 700-1000 MB in an effort to make u download fakes and they've been doing it for a while.

My advice is that if u preview it and it does this, move on and try another file.

7. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    I second the above advice, also you shouldnt bother using kazaa for new movies, as they are likely to be fakes.

I prefer newsgroups, you get full bandwidth. alternatively you can use mirc or bittorent.

8. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Bittorent is approx. $2 per min

and there's a ton of different choices on Google for for sites titled 'mirc'. Can you give me a link for it.