Thread: Mmorpg

Are there any decent, free MMORPG's ? Googling always gives me dodgy results, so I figured I'd ask - are there any ?

2. Games   -   #2
    There are free servers out there for 'Ultima Online' and such, but I've never tried them.

Might be worth looking into it tho

3. Games   -   #3
    Debaser
    Played a cool mmorpg not too long ago, it's called Project Entropia, think it's still free, graphics aren't that great but it's worth a look.

4. Games   -   #4
    PE looks good, but the sys spec only lists recommended, not minimum - what PC did you play it with ?

5. Games   -   #5
    Debaser
    A very crappy PC, bout 600 mhz or so, and it ran horrible, but I screwed around with the graphic options and all that and got it to a point where I was able to play it without too much slowdown, still if you can beat my specs you shouldn't have a problem.

6. Games   -   #6
    you know why companies want you to subscribe to MMORPGs? 'cause the servers are friggin' expensive to set up, maintain, and administrate. the bandwidth required by an MMORPG server prolly ain't cheap, either.

7. Games   -   #7
    11$ canadian a month for l2 a great game that is very cheap. mmorpg's are pretty cheap in general, like 15-30$ a mo, wich is nothing at all.

8. Games   -   #8
    yeah, it is not very expensive for each player to subscribe. just sayin', it costs the companies a lot of money to run the servers, keep them in working order, and police them against cheaters... so that's why they require subscriptions.

9. Games   -   #9
    Since I don't have access to a credit card - or money, for that matter - I figured I wouldn't hurt to find a free one. Just to try it, see if it's my "thing".

And yes, I realise servers aren't cheap.