Thread: Please Help

Poster
    okay i cant like login to my computer. i am running windows xp pro and whenever i click my icon thing like my username to log on... this is what i get...

"A problem is preventing Windows from Accuratly Checking the Lisence for this Computer. Error Code: 0x"

that is the error that pops up i cannot log onto my computer, i can log into it in safe mode though. but not in regular mode. does anyone, have any clue as of how i can fix this problem. plz help, your help is greatly appreciated thnx

-jordan

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    owned by trojans and/or virii
    after you reinstal your OS, try running a AV and firewall, should be the first thing you do

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I've never heard of that problem, but since you can go into safe mode, try running a virus and spyware scan, and then clean the registry. Maybe it may help.

NOD32 on-demand scanner <---to help clean
    AVERT Stinger <---for tougher viruses
    CWShredder and HijackThis <--- for tougher spyware and to see exactly what is starting and running.
    ad-Aware <---free spyware cleaner
    SpyBot S&D <--- another free spyware cleaner
    SpySweeper <---Another spyware cleaner and my personal favorite, but not free.
    RegSeeker <---Excellent free registry cleaner

With RegSeeker, you can also remove programs from the startup registry which may solve the problem. Some malicious program starting up. I can&#39;t be sure, but maybe some of these tools can help you.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°

thanks for that Stinger link Xero...I was completely unaware of that.
    FST wins again

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Yeah, it really comes in handy for me.
    I make CDs with software to fix PCs because... well that&#39;s what I do, and I used to collect Specialized virus removal tools from Symantec&#39;s Security Response page, but there are waaay too many and it takes too much space. AVERT Stinger can handle a lot of them, if not all.

I mean I don&#39;t use McAfee products, but that works really well.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Originally posted by Xero Grid@16 May 2004 - 18:58
    I mean I don&#39;t use McAfee products, but that works really well.

-- Xero Grid --

Generally, I don&#39;t either, but like you said...it looks like it&#39;ll work well for its purpose

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    now it wont even let me log into safe mode...im so confused...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    well my friend brought over his xp cd and he helped me reformat my computer for the first time.. so im all back and ready .. feeling kinda happy