Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Files Not Found

i have dialup and it takes me a long time to download but a friend of mine has DSL. i took my .dat files and put them on his computer (he uses the same version of k-lite as me). then i started downloading other files. (did search on his pc and all) but all files downloaded on his computer are not there. i searched the hard drive manually and with the search and found none of them!

he had kazaa a long time ago and still may have some old kazaa files on it, would that effect anything?

thanks!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    #1 If your "My Shared Folder" is in a diffrent location then his and there is no other folder named and placed same as yours files will vanish.

#2 If the files get corrupted, they get deleted.

#3 Limited space also is a problem.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    ok i see that if the my shared folder is in a different place hjow the files would be deleted. but would that effect the new files i searched for and downloaded on his computer, not moving ,dat files?

how would the files become corrupted?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    A file can get corrupted on many occasions.
    • Power sortage.
    • Fake file.
    • Error in data transmission.
    • System error.
    • K-Lite error.
    • Hardware error.
    That includes
    • Hard disk.
    • Memory.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by spyda05@16 May 2004 - 19:22
    ok i see that if the my shared folder is in a different place hjow the files would be deleted. but would that effect the new files i searched for and downloaded on his computer, not moving ,dat files?

how would the files become corrupted?
    in this case since the new shared folder's path is not the same as the original one, once the dat file is complete it will go to the original folder which is not there so you can't find it.

place a "my shared folder" in the place where it was originally and you will find your files

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+16 May 2004 - 23:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 16 May 2004 - 23:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> in this case since the new shared folder&#39;s path is not the same as the original one, once the dat file is complete it will go to the original folder which is not there so you can&#39;t find it.

place a "my shared folder" in the place where it was originally and you will find your files [/b]

No he won&#39;t.

<!--QuoteBegin-spyda05
    @16 May 2004 - 19:22
    (...)but would that effect the new files i searched for and downloaded on his computer, not moving ,dat files? [/quote]

Does your friends has enaugh free space on his drive ??

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Autumn Fox+16 May 2004 - 19:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Autumn Fox @ 16 May 2004 - 19:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@16 May 2004 - 23:35
    in this case since the new shared folder&#39;s path is not the same as the original one, once the dat file is complete it will go to the original folder which is not there so you can&#39;t find it.

place a "my shared folder" in the place where it was originally and you will find your files
    No he won&#39;t.

<!--QuoteBegin-spyda05
    @16 May 2004 - 19:22
    (...)but would that effect the new files i searched for and downloaded on his computer, not moving ,dat files?

Does your friends has enaugh free space on his drive ?? [/b][/quote]
    lol what are you talking about??? yes he will

if the dat file completed and now he can&#39;t find it he will

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    He said that he lunched a new search on his friends computer, so for this files the destination folder didn&#39;t change nor move and thus making a new "My Shared Folder&#39; won&#39;t solve anything.

I ask again: Does your friend has sufficient disk space ?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Autumn Fox@16 May 2004 - 20:12
    He said that he lunched a new search on his friends computer, so for this files the destination folder didn&#39;t change nor move and thus making a new "My Shared Folder&#39; won&#39;t solve anything.

I ask again: Does your friend has sufficient disk space ?
    automn don&#39;t argue with me boss the search is not gonna find it becaue the folder its suppose to be in is not there.

if he puts the folder where its suppose to be then the file will be in it.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    If he have made a new search on his friends machine then his old .dat files are not being downloaded. New files are. And the new files use the K-Lite of his friend, and his friend did not move his "My Shared Folder".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast