Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Free Will

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    There's no way that God could have foreseen this thread, hey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by barbarossa@2 July 2004 - 04:29
    There's no way that God could have foreseen this thread, hey?
    God?

Who's He?

JUST KIDDING, OF COURSE!

I'm a bit surprised he's been allowed to play such a large part in this thread, given the prevailing attitude on the board.

I'm very much gratified, in fact.
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 11:18 AM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    I'm a bit surprised he's been allowed to play such a large part in this thread, given the prevailing attitude on the board.

I'm very much gratified, in fact.
    Me too. 'Course, MN is a pretty damn cool mod. Now if RatFaced see's this, all hell is gonna break loose!! Just kidding, Rat.

Hey! Step away from the ban button! I repeat: Step away from the ban button! This is you finall warning!! Ummm...errr...hey rat, did I say please??

Later taters....forever?
    BoNe

EDIT:God knew this was gonna happen! Why didn't he stop me? FREEWILLY...WILL! B)

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    Yes, indeed; MN is a truly tolerant mod.

He abides me that I might make him giggle and thus provide him a measure of warmth in his far-north abode.

Rat, on the other hand, provides his own heat, so to speak.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@2 July 2004 - 02:29
    What a stunningly magnificent load of bollocks you all have contributed to, here.

Profound indeed, but not in so sustained a manner as to be even the least bit boring.

My congratulations to the executive producer of this fine mess!
    As always a pleasure to amuse.

Did you realize there was a lot more, but quite a bit got lost in the great trashcan incident.

I remember I posted a lot of absolutely brilliant material, pure gold it was. Unfortunately all now lost.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #66
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+3 July 2004 - 13:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 3 July 2004 - 13:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@2 July 2004 - 02:29
    What a stunningly magnificent load of bollocks you all have contributed to, here.

Profound indeed, but not in so sustained a manner as to be even the least bit boring.

My congratulations to the executive producer of this fine mess&#33;

Did you realize there was a lot more, but quite a bit got lost in the great trashcan incident.

I remember I posted a lot of absolutely brilliant material, pure gold it was. Unfortunately all now lost. [/b][/quote]
    What remains should be published, I tell you.

I remember when we amused ourselves with "three-word-stories" and such; this whole board has come a ways since then, I think.

BTW-Welcome back, you old rascal&#33;

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #67
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4+3 July 2004 - 20:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 3 July 2004 - 20:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@3 July 2004 - 13:49
    <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4
    @2 July 2004 - 02:29

My congratulations to the executive producer of this fine mess&#33;

I remember I posted a lot of absolutely brilliant material, pure gold it was. Unfortunately all now lost.
    What remains should be published, I tell you.

I remember when we amused ourselves with "three-word-stories" and such; this whole board has come a ways since then, I think.

BTW-Welcome back, you old rascal&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Thank you, scallywag.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #68
    Okay this is my theory on this discussion. I&#39;m very sketchy on beliefs at the moment since mine resemble paint splattered on a wall but I think that god did pre-determine our fate as a whole. If god is everything we say he is then he created all the problems and made sure that they would occur. Proof of this is that god created Lucifer who later became Satan. For those who don&#39;t know of the bible story Lucifer used to be gods right hand man untill he got sick of working under gods rule and decided to start his own taking some of gods angels to be his now demons (which is where the term fallen angels came from). Now if god could see into the future and he also claims to love us then why would he create something that would lead us away from perfection? Also it&#39;s evident that Adam and Eve in fact were not perfect. If they were then they would have refused the temptation that Satan had for them to taste of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. Another thing that comes into play is that god knew that they would be tempted by the tree since it is human nature to be curious since if we weren&#39;t then everything we have come to know wouldn&#39;t exist since we wouldn&#39;t have cared enough to discover anything. I think it&#39;s compleatly possible that we&#39;re one huge experiment that he&#39;s almost done with. If god wanted to the devil would have been done away with long ago. God could have given free will but I think he knew exactly what we were going to do or else why would he have written an entire book of prophocies ( the bible) without being sure that it was going to be right in the end. So sure it&#39;s possible that god did give us free will but he did stick a few things in life to make sure we made the decision that he predicts. I mean wouldn&#39;t you look like a fool if you told someone that a building was going to fall in two hours , three minutes, and twenty six seconds and then it didn&#39;t .So to make sure it did you would plant a bomb so that you wouldn&#39;t look like a compleat fool. So I guess my answer on this is yes, our lives are pre-determined.

Also as for the theory of time travel and changing the future for a friend by telling them what to do and say how do you know that god didn&#39;t expect you to do that as well?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #69
    Amen to that poeple

How&#39;s your mind?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #70
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    how do you know that god didn&#39;t expect you to do that as well?
    there&#39;s the loophole i was looking 4

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567