Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should Cloning Be Ban Or Not?

jonathan_tijuana's Avatar ...
    What do you think about cloning (animals or humans) ?

I need some opinions for a essay that im doing.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    we don't need to clone for food and we don't need human clones although cloning "cells" to help cure desease may not be a bad thing.
    the only other thing i feel could be useful is cloning speces that are about to become extinct as a very last resort.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Cloning Parts of the Body I see no harm in.I mean if I am a soldier returning from Iraq and my leg is missing you can surely bet I would not mind.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    masterpiece21's Avatar 5C 12.24.42
    I thin human cloning is a great idea.of course with stem cell research advancing more and more;like FC said,if sum1 needed a body part or sumting possibly with the knowledge they gathered cloning they could mayb grow that person a new part for w/e his/her needs.but with cloning equals more ppl in this world and plus we already have enuogh orphans.tho i still think human cloning should b done.sure we'll have accident and failres but thats how it works in the field of science.and fuck bush cuz he'll never allow it.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I've always thought of human cloning as a bad thing. What if there were able to clone back in the days? Clone more Hitler's or Bin Laden's! It'd be chaos!

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    you know... if you created a million clones of George W Bush, and put them in a room with a million typewriters for a million years, they would eventually write the world's greatest novel.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    How does cloning parts of the body work exactly? Do the limbs/organs have to be attached to some type of, say, human-arm creature to provide a host for the organs until they are ready to be harvested? (Like the ear-mouse).

Or do we have to grow the limbs/organs in a huge vat? Stores of spleens, vats of verterbrae, that sort of thing.

The first idea seems repugnant, the latter seems very far off considering our current technological state.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@18 May 2004 - 08:49
    you know... if you created a million clones of George W Bush, and put them in a room with a million typewriters for a million years, they would eventually write the world's greatest novel.
    "See Spot Run"?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    cloning for medical research as in stem cells i agree with

but total coneing of a human is just wrong , who are we to mess with evolution

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by delphin460@18 May 2004 - 08:06
    cloning for medical research as in stem cells i agree with

but total coneing of a human is just wrong , who are we to mess with evolution
    Though it could be argued that a species that can self-adapt through these techniques to it's environment could be the next step in evolution. Instead of taking millions of years to adjust we could literally "evolve" over night.

In theory this sounds good (to me at least) though that tricky thing of human nature would more than likely get in the way...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast