Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boot Problem

Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    When my buddy starts up his comp he gets that OS selection screen and when he clicks on one it comes up with errors such as "Hard Disk Configuration Problem","Could not read from the selected boot disk", "Check boot path".

What might be causing this problem? Boot selection not set up correctly?
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    The boot sector is all f'ed up. I had this problem before and the only that worked for me was formatting my hdd. I backed it up first of course. There are topics on this on the micro$oft website.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Turns out a memory module was fried.
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    well atleast it got fixed

we need some new posts here in hardware world...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@19 May 2004 - 04:53
    The boot sector is all f'ed up. I had this problem before and the only that worked for me was formatting my hdd. I backed it up first of course. There are topics on this on the micro$oft website.
    you can just fix your master boot record through the recovery console you know. there was no need to completely format your drive.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Recovery console didnt work. I needed to clean house anyways.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Hi Guys, I am also gettin a problem when booting, after it has detected all my IDE drives ithis message displays

"Secondary IDE cable 80 no conductor installed"

It then boots up normally.

What have I gotta do to get rid of this message and am I harming the computer my continuing to use the computer after this message.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by leonarmston@10 June 2004 - 18:04
    Hi Guys, I am also gettin a problem when booting, after it has detected all my IDE drives ithis message displays

What have I gotta do to get rid of this message and am I harming the computer my continuing to use the computer after this message.
    check cables inside the computer, also make sure that the juimpers are set properly, then go into bios and make sure all the drives are detected properly.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by leonarmston@10 June 2004 - 23:04

I think it is complaining that you have a 40-wire cable, and it wants an 80-wire one.

Without an 80-wire cable the maximum speed (between drive and mobo) will be 33MHz, it will still function but not at maximum performance.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by lynx+10 June 2004 - 20:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 10 June 2004 - 20:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-leonarmston@10 June 2004 - 23:04

I think it is complaining that you have a 40-wire cable, and it wants an 80-wire one.

Without an 80-wire cable the maximum speed (between drive and mobo) will be 33MHz, it will still function but not at maximum performance. [/b][/quote]
    Isn&#39;t it Mb/s (or maybe mbps ) not mhz ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast