Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Story Of This Forum

Site Owner
    Hey all. I thought it was everyones right to know a brief history of this forum. I have been very stressed in the last few weeks, and apoligize for not being here more often:

This forum was initially created by Paul and VB who ran the site like clockwork. Due to server costs he gave the forum to 7th free of charge in order to have the forum run for free.

A couple months ago 7th offered to sell me the forum. The amount of money I paid was extremely high. Lets just say it could have paid for one years tuition of college. Why did I pay this much? Because 7thelement (Marc/Mario) showed me revenue statistics that were extremely inflated. He actually fabricated a bank statement showing me this. I bought the forum with the promise that it will make me money, but most of all because I loved the community. Well 7th screwed me big time. I found that instead of making over $1000 per month according to 7thelement, it was costing over $400 per month to run.

7th element has ignored all my emails for the past month and I am stuck in a very awkward situation. In addition to spending a huge amount of $ on this forum I also am stuck footing this huge server bill.

Anyway I was considering selling it for about half of what i paid, but the new owner was quickly turned off by all the complaints when he added the new banner.

In conclucion I have decided to keep the forum for myself and remain in charge of it, as i think thats what is best for the community.

As for the antispam script, I am sorry that it has not been removed, but 7th obviously never got back to me. In the coming weeks I will try to get someone to remove it while also try to have an arcade installed at this site.

Please understand I do need banners on this site to help me pay (although only a small fraction of) the server costs and management fees.

If you have any questions just ask

Thank you making FST such a great community
    Brian

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Poster
    thanks for being so open brian.
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>JOIN MY FORUM TODAY IT IS FUCKING SWEET</span></span>

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    agreed, thanks for letting us know

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Poster
    lets keep the russian brides banner as those chicks look good

but seriously if this is all true then just make sure u dont get these ripoff scams as banners then i suppose it oughta be ok
    Open your mind

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Thanks Rookie.

Spoiler: Show

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Maybe you could add a donation button to help you recover some of the money you lost from the scam?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Will selling a Poster of my ASS help?

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@18 May 2004 - 09:24
    Will selling Poster of my ASS help?
    FC is going to be walking around Kentucky selling his ass for the forum ?

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@18 May 2004 - 15:24
    Will selling a Poster of my ASS help?
    i heard a rumour it was your ass that scared the new buyer off.
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>JOIN MY FORUM TODAY IT IS FUCKING SWEET</span></span>

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@18 May 2004 - 16:23
    Maybe you could add a donation button to help you recover some of the money you lost from the scam?
    Yah better a "gimme money" one than something semi-criminal.

This ad-lib person seems like he did it on purpose i thought, how could he expect anyone to like the vBulletin thing, or that banner.

I&#39;m not thinking balamm, but he ain&#39;t the only one&#39;s been tossed off the board in anger lately.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast