Thread: K-lite Problem

I just downloaded K-Lite from oldversions.com (or some shit along the same lines) and Ive installed it but my oh my, it wont fucking connect!

I used to download loads of films from kazaa but now its gone all legit I cant get on...does anyone know what the problem is?

Im also using limewire but it wont download films so Im pretty much fucked
    Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by ukstrength@10 June 2004 - 16:12
    I just downloaded K-Lite from oldversions.com (or some shit along the same lines) and Ive installed it but my oh my, it wont fucking connect!

I used to download loads of films from kazaa but now its gone all legit I cant get on...does anyone know what the problem is?
    when you installed v243 did you select "remove old settings" to delete the old registry settings when prompted?
    you should so it gives you the default supernode list.
    my guess: kazaa is refusing the older clients from the server cache

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    To be honest Im your typical If it doesnt work fuck it kind of guy

Im not technical and dont know much about pcs and technology

Alls I know is I used to download films from Kazaa lite a year and a half ago and now Ive got a new pc it wont fucking connect to the server!

Im running LimeWire but it wont find any films and IF it does they never come through!

Fucking pain in the arse
    Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    well if you want, you could try KCeasy, Mammoth or K-Lite26

EDIT: all 3 connect to the kazaaİ network

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    The latest (last) version does still work. If not then look around the board for the imesh supernode address.

Try this fm2.imesh.com:1214. It always works.

This supernode should be pined somewhere. It solves alot of connection problems.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    I have no problem connecting with v2.4.3 here, takes about 5 seconds, so that's not it.

Maybe it's your firewall blocking it. Try disabling the firewall temporarily to check. If that works, adjust your firewall settings to allow klite. If your on xp, remember to disable the xp built in firewall.

Did you have regular Kazaa installed before, it can cause problems even after you uninstall it. If that's the case then uninstall k-lite and delete any program folders for kazaa that remain. Keep your shared folder, if it's in the program folder move it first. Run a registry cleaner to get rid of kazaa keys or search in regedit for any kazaa key and delete them manually.

Install k-kite and see if it connects.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@13 June 2004 - 04:29
    yes, up til now...
    imesh 5 (spyware infested) connects to ed2k and gnutella, but does it still connect to fasttrack?
    if not, i doubt that host cache will stay online long

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Originally posted by Vargas+14 June 2004 - 11:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vargas @ 14 June 2004 - 11:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ariel_001@13 June 2004 - 04:29
    yes, up til now...
    imesh 5 (spyware infested) connects to ed2k and gnutella, but does it still connect to fasttrack?
    if not, i doubt that host cache will stay online long [/b][/quote]
    It still supports fasttrack.... or as they call it the "iMesh network"