Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Weird Problem

My mouse doesn't always work smoothly when I am connected to the internet, even if I am using a program such as word that is not connected to the internet. Yet when I unpug my connection the mouse runs perfectly. Why should the internet connection make a difference? I have loads of memory, could it be a process that was conflicting?

I have had this problem since I bought the computer, its not a real problem and I dont have a virus or trojan. I just dont understand when I unplug the connection to the telephone line my mouse works perfectly, yet when i'm connected it is either fine or jerky.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    COULD be spyware, worth a scan to find out, but i doubt it.

try getting the latest mouse drivers, graphics drivers, and network\ethernet card drivers.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    download spybot, you most probably have a spyware program known as comet cursor on your PC
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    As I say its definetly not a virus or trojan because I've tested it with 3 trojan scanners and with virus scannars, and I dont think its a driver problem because its been like it since I bought it with the latest driver, and a brand new keyboard, originally it was wireless keyboard but I changed and still have the same problem. I notice that my keyboard is starting to work slowly as well when i'm connected to the internet. But sometimes there isn't a problem it is now and then.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    It could be an IRQ problem. check in device manager for conflicts.
    Robert00000

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Robert00000@11 June 2004 - 00:09
    Cheers could you tell me how to do this please.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by Liam100+10 June 2004 - 16:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Liam100 &#064; 10 June 2004 - 16:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Robert00000@11 June 2004 - 00:09
    Cheers could you tell me how to do this please. [/b][/quote]
    Windows 2000/XP

* You can open Device Manager by double-clicking on the System icon in Control Panel, choosing the Hardware tab, and clicking Device Manager. Or press windows key and pause break key.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by peat moss+11 June 2004 - 01:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peat moss @ 11 June 2004 - 01:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Liam100@10 June 2004 - 16:11
    <!--QuoteBegin-Robert00000
    @11 June 2004 - 00:09

Cheers could you tell me how to do this please.
    Windows 2000/XP

* You can open Device Manager by double-clicking on the System icon in Control Panel, choosing the Hardware tab, and clicking Device Manager. Or press windows key and pause break key. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks,

Yes done that, what am I looking for?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Click on pointing device check for conflicts . Mine says IRQ = 12 . You can update drivers or delete mouse then restart computer let windows reinstall.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    as we&#39;ve already said, scan for spyware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast