Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something Happened/didn't Happen

Just wanted to be sure everyone is aware that the following things have/have not happened and someone around here is very happy/unhappy about it.

The board went down/came back up
    Things were lost in the shuffle
    Someones sig/avatar/link etc. is missing/resized etc.
    Posts were locked that were more important then life itself and I was not consulted first
    Something was broke/fixed that I like/don't like... Put it back/take it away or else...
    I'm leaving/coming/leaving/coming/leaving again

But most importantly don't forget....

Someone is paying for this board
    Several someones help upkeep this board and...
    most likely neither of the 2 above are you

Thanks to those that matter.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    some major cack hit me thats all i will give out

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by tracydani@11 June 2004 - 09:03
    Just wanted to be sure everyone is aware that the following things have/have not happened and someone around here is very happy/unhappy about it.

Posts were locked that were more important then life itself and I was not consulted first
    Something was broke/fixed that I like/don't like... Put it back/take it away or else...
    I'm leaving/coming/leaving/coming/leaving again

But most importantly don't forget....

TD
    Wow.

This post (the one I've quoted) is a hot contender for most Arrogant-I'm better than all the other lowly members Award 2004.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Withcheese+11 June 2004 - 12:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 11 June 2004 - 12:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tracydani@11 June 2004 - 09:03

Something was broke/fixed that I like/don&#39;t like... Put it back/take it away or else...
    I&#39;m leaving/coming/leaving/coming/leaving again

But most importantly don&#39;t forget....

TD
    Wow.

This post is a hot contender for most Arrogant-I&#39;m better than all the other lowly members Award 2004. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t know about that...all right I do, and yes it is.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Actually, I am not sure why you took it that way. It was just intended to point out that all the things people keep complaining about aren&#39;t really that big a deal. Maybe if they realize that then a bit more appreciation could be shown to the admin/mods who work hard and or pay for this place to make it what it is.

Sometimes I am amazed they stick around as long as they do with all the complaining.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    :helpsmile:

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by tracydani@11 June 2004 - 13:13
    Actually, I am not sure why you took it that way. It was just intended to point out that all the things people keep complaining about aren&#39;t really that big a deal. Maybe if they realize that then a bit more appreciation could be shown to the admin/mods who work hard and or pay for this place to make it what it is.

Sometimes I am amazed they stick around as long as they do with all the complaining.

TD
    I took it this way and thought that it made good points, in a novel and interesting way.

It really pointed out that all we are getting just now is people complaining and going OTT about things which really aren&#39;t that important.

Now if anyone should complain about losing posts it&#39;s me, because they are, without exception fan-tastic.

It may have come across as arrogant to some people, I wasn&#39;t one of them TD. I feel likewise.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Yes, we&#39;re all a little sad about losing posts. I know I made some bloody brilliant ones as well.

Here was what we were faced with. Just FYI.

45,000 posts had been moved to the trash (I think that was the number, but we&#39;ve also lost posts in the team section so I could be mistaken).

When a post is moved, you don&#39;t see where that post actually came from. I would say in 90% of the posts we would have been able to decipher from the title where to move them back to. But, it would have taken a long time, as the posts are sorted by last post date, and so all mixed together. Plus, there were all the moved/deleted posts that were already in the trash to account for. At the same time, this would have used a ton of resources, and slowed the board to a crawl while it was going on.

Just telling you from a mod standpoint what would have been involved to save all of the posts.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by NikkiD@11 June 2004 - 17:00
    Yes, we&#39;re all a little sad about losing posts. I know I made some bloody brilliant ones as well.

45,000 posts had been moved to the trash (I think that was the number, but we&#39;ve also lost posts in the team section so I could be mistaken).

When a post is moved, you don&#39;t see where that post actually came from. I would say in 90% of the posts we would have been able to decipher from the title where to move them back to. But, it would have taken a long time, as the posts are sorted by last post date, and so all mixed together. Plus, there were all the moved/deleted posts that were already in the trash to account for. At the same time, this would have used a ton of resources, and slowed the board to a crawl while it was going on.

Just telling you from a mod standpoint what would have been involved to save all of the posts.
    You could just have saved mine, I think the people would have appreciated that.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by NikkiD@11 June 2004 - 17:00

That&#39;s all good and well, but the way i read this thread the original poster was whining about people potentially whining.

With a bit of kissing up at the end.

So I figure you are OT here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast