Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Problems

I've downloaded a few movies from Kazaa recently and some of them works just fine. But after I've watched some of them for a minute or two, a text comes up saying; "Good cracking. That was easy, yeah? Please visit elevard.com for a new version to crack". What kind of tag is this and what should I do to remove it??
    I've downloaded Kazaa Lite 2.1.0 and the codec pack 1.7... But I don't think they got something to do with it... I'm using different kinds of players (Radlight, BS-player etc.) but there's no difference.
    And the tag comes up after a certain time and not on the same spot in the movie. For example if i forward to the middle of the movie the tag comes up after a minute or two anyway.
    Movies that I've downloaded are for example Resident Evil swe sub (2cd), and Ghost Rider (The final ride).

Please help me with this issue cos I'm really stuck and pissed!

Brgds/

Heltsonika

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    It could be you have a virus or a worm, try running you AV and download a copy of Spybot and run that.

It could just be that this has been added to the movie for free advertising if so your stuck with it.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    What is you AV?
    Oh, maybe your anti-virus?
    pls help...

Ps. It's the same "adv." on all movies!?
    (elecard.com)

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    If it's the same ad on all the movies your playing then it's something that has installed it's self on your computer, it's being triggered by you opening your movie players.

Do a full system scan with your Antivirus software, but the chances are this won't find anything. It's more likely to be a worm so download a copy of Spybot from here http://beam.to/spybotsd and run this, if it is a worm or a bot program this will find it and remove it.

Edit: Typo

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Does the text pop up at the same exact spot in the movie every time? Does it pop up like it's part of the picture or in a little microsoft text window?

I have Resident Evil but haven't watched it yet. If you can tell me exactly where it pops up I'll go check it and see if it's on my copy too.

Edit....Oop just noticed you have the subtitled version. I have regular english version. Guess I can't help.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    It seems to be a bug in the latest versions of the Kazaa L codec pack. Go back to 1.6 and see if that gets rid of the problem.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    The text comes up after a certain time and not specific place in the movie, so i guess you might have right there with the worm... I'm still at the office now but I'll try to remove it as soon as i come home.
    Great advice from all of you!
    Oh yeah, the text is a part of the picture and not a window message. and it's saying www.elecard.com and not elevard.com as i said earlier.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Forum Star
    Get K-lite Codec Pack 2.0 from the development section.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Where can I find the development section?

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Originally posted by heltsonika@17 March 2003 - 15:54
    Where can I find the development section?
    You can find the K-Lite Codec Pack here:
    K-Lite Codec Pack 2.00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast