Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ares Question

hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    I decided to try something new and installed Ares...It seems to be working great. But it slows my comp down and my web pages take for ever to load, I feel like I'm using an ond 386 lol...Is there a setting I need to adjust so my comp will run faster? (I'm on cable modem and using pentum 4)
    Also is there a way like in kazaa lite where u can stop ppl from viewing ur share file? Scared of RIAA!!
    Thanxs
    Kahl
    :helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by hippychick@7 July 2004 - 19:34
    I decided to try something new and installed Ares...It seems to be working great. But it slows my comp down and my web pages take for ever to load, I feel like I'm using an ond 386 lol...Is there a setting I need to adjust so my comp will run faster? (I'm on cable modem and using pentum 4)
    Also is there a way like in kazaa lite where u can stop ppl from viewing ur share file? Scared of RIAA!!
    Thanxs
    Kahl
    firstly kazaa: go to options, then privacy and untick the box saying "allow others to browse my shared folder"

It should be unticked as default on k-lite anyway.

With Ares, the only thing I can say is that it can take up a lot of your bandwidth which web pages need to load as well...thus running the two together slows things down.
    The same for your computer. Because of the amount of traffic coming in, it uses a lot or memory/cpu and slows your computer down. Try leaving it running overnight instead of when ur surfing or working

btw nice name, Kahl, u r female arent u before i start hitting on u!
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    LOL yep, last time I checked I was a girl BTW...ty for the help!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by hippychick@7 July 2004 - 13:35
    LOL yep, last time I checked I was a girl BTW...ty for the help!!!
    Okay?
    :x
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-familyptima'>&gt;&gt;FORUM&lt;&lt;</span></span></span>

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by haha21+7 July 2004 - 21:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haha21 @ 7 July 2004 - 21:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hippychick@7 July 2004 - 13:35
    btw nice name, Kahl, u r female arent u before i start hitting on u&#33;
    LOL yep, last time I checked I was a girl BTW...ty for the help&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Okay?
    :x [/b][/quote]
    lol why u being sick?
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by hippychick@7 July 2004 - 20:34
    I decided to try something new and installed Ares...It seems to be working great. But it slows my comp down and my web pages take for ever to load, I feel like I&#39;m using an ond 386 lol...Is there a setting I need to adjust so my comp will run faster? (I&#39;m on cable modem and using pentum 4)
    Also is there a way like in kazaa lite where u can stop ppl from viewing ur share file? Scared of RIAA&#33;&#33;
    Thanxs
    Kahl
    First of, you make sure Ares is not scanning your HD as it always does at first time you install Ares.....after that you should be fine.

to not allow others to browse your shared files you need to go to > Control Panel then Chat.....under Chat you will se Allow Browse of My Library uncheck it then that&#39;s it, you are done.

If the slow down of you computer still exsist....you should uninstall the regular version of Ares and install the Lite version...that&#39;s the reason they made a Lite version of Ares.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    the reason its slow is because when u are downloading large popular files, it disregards the upload limitations and uploads within ur uncompleted download

notice if u click on the + by ur download it shows all the users, some will say uploading, theres no way to limit that unless u can limit the upload speeed on certain ports which ive tried, sux when ur using aim, but that explains why the network is so damn fast, cuz everyones uploading fast

=)

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Yeah it uses your bandwidth for something else.

Ares is looking at all your files and buffering them so when you share ther files you share exact files and not just files with the same name and filesize. It will take a while to buffer your files depending on how many files your sharing and your computer speed.

And if it&#39;s too much on your computer you can always try Ares Lite.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    i cant even run this program, as soon as i lined a few folders to share in it, it started scanning, then bogged and locked up.
    everytime i start ares, it starts scanning auto, and locks up within 5seconds

amd2000xp
    512ddr
    win xp pro
    512 adsl

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I love Ares.

I have got more songs from it in the last week that in the last 2 months from K Lite &#33; And no fakes &#33;

I am on 56K and on a old AMD Durex I mean Duron.

Regards

Digby
    What color is your Adkaf ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast