Thread: Modem Uncapper

I've seen and heard some stuff about this before, and I saw it on rizon today, does anyone know what the hell this is? A cable modem uncapper? It sounds fancy , and dangerous at the same time, i'll hold off the d/l until I find out something about it.
    "If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" -old Irish wisdom

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    OMG! I just had to tell you that your picture of that cat w/ the helment is so damn cute! as for your question i believe its just a booster for ur internet connection. I heard of that before, but most really dont work, ive tried so many diffrent ones on my dial up and never saw a vast improvement!

D

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by dee_madison2003@14 June 2004 - 00:33
    OMG! I just had to tell you that your picture of that cat w/ the helment is so damn cute! as for your question i believe its just a booster for ur internet connection. I heard of that before, but most really dont work, ive tried so many diffrent ones on my dial up and never saw a vast improvement!

D
    he is talking about the high speed internet modem like adsl modem or cable modem

my advice to you is: dont even try it, mostly likely it'll fuck up your modem or will earn you a blacklist from your isp. And it's a sure way for the police to know you a little better

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lol... well... i was off

but yea... what he said! lol

D

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    there is a way for cable but if they catch you look out me thinks cable companys can see if you change stuff

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    yes the cat is very "cute" as for the uncapper, i'll forget about it, no sense in risking anything, even though road runner sucks putrid fungus-infested ass.
    "If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" -old Irish wisdom

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Titus808@14 June 2004 - 21:45
    yes the cat is very "cute"    as for the uncapper, i'll forget about it, no sense in risking anything, even though road runner sucks putrid fungus-infested ass.
    What was that? I've never had any problems with it.

/me hugs his 6mbit roadrunner connection