Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soulseek Scam

Finally, I can delete Kazaa"

ROFLMAO

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    carbon75's Avatar Stronger than steel
    It isn't necessarily a scam if you can get access to the files you want. It just means that you are paying for something others can get for free. It would be a scam if you paid for something and got nothing.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    damn and blast my double postage!
    Last edited by Colt Seevers; 02-07-2007 at 12:07 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon75 View Post
    It isn't necessarily a scam if you can get access to the files you want. It just means that you are paying for something others can get for free. It would be a scam if you paid for something and got nothing.
    eh? I'm missing your logic here.

Fresh air is free, I can breath all i want - for gratis.
    But if someone comes along and starts charging people for it, by your rational its ok cos people are getting what they want....

Sorry I don't see it from your point of view.

Anyway if your dumb enough or naive enough to fall for these BS type of scams your probably deserve it, a fool and his money are easily parted.

now selling Free Fresh mountain dew air, only 19.99, get it while stocks last

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Gornar's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +2
    I really wonder how many idiots paid for it

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Say you go to the fair and they have some drinking fountains with water for free. They also have bottled water for sale for $4 a bottle. People who buy the water are not getting scammed. They are paying for something and know what they are getting.

A scam is something like a magnetic water conditioner
    http://www.watershed.net/mag_h20.htm
    That doesn't actually do what it purports to do and has no scientific basis for functioning in the way it is advertised. In other words you did not get what you expected.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon75 View Post
    Say you go to the fair and they have some drinking fountains with water for free. They also have bottled water for sale for $4 a bottle. People who buy the water are not getting scammed. They are paying for something and know what they are getting.

A scam is something like a magnetic water conditioner
    http://www.watershed.net/mag_h20.htm
    That doesn't actually do what it purports to do and has no scientific basis for functioning in the way it is advertised. In other words you did not get what you expected.
    We may have to agree to disagree.

Now I see the point you are trying to make. But when it comes to P2P file sharing applications, if I paid for one of these programs, which at a later time down the road I then discovered I could have got the same P2P file sharing app for gratis, I would feel rather ripped off, not to mention 20 quid lighter.

I'm not going to debate the semantics of what is and isn't classed as a scam, because I feel we could be here all day trying to think up ever more eleborate analogies in order to state our case.

I still stongly beleive that sites like the one that was originally posted - and the many others like them, are indeed scammers preying on peoples ignorance and trying to get them to part with their hard earned cash!

I wouldn't try to defend their actions.

Basically, a P2P scam site is a domain set up for the purpose of selling an unsuspecting user a free product, duping visitors into installing spyware, dialers, trojans or viruses, attempting to make money from a free service (through domain cloning or hijacking) or a mixture of all of these.
    www.p2pscams.info
    Last edited by Colt Seevers; 02-09-2007 at 11:57 PM.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Nothing new anymore guys. This thread was 3 years old.

yo

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Nothing new anymore guys. This thread was 3 years old.
    Soulseek still exists. The scammer link posted is still live. Does the age of threads invalidate the argument?
    Last edited by Colt Seevers; 02-10-2007 at 12:51 AM.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    You're right. Anything that tries to dupe people is a scam site.

I wonder how much money they have made in the past three years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast