Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst Book

Originally posted by RGX@19 June 2004 - 23:22
    He is also responsible for some of the wittiest comedic timing (in his sitcom writing) in the world...
    What'd he write for? Anything I might recognize?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by Dubhguy+21 June 2004 - 11:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dubhguy @ 21 June 2004 - 11:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RGX@19 June 2004 - 23:22
    He is also responsible for some of the wittiest comedic timing (in his sitcom writing) in the world...
    What&#39;d he write for? Anything I might recognize? [/b][/quote]
    Blackadder
    The Young Ones
    Filthy Rich & Catflap

Theres probably more...

There was also a mini series from one of his other novels, Stark.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by Dubhguy@19 June 2004 - 20:15
    The Silmarilion. I could never get past the first hundred pages or so. Its just poorly constructed.
    Of course it&#39;s badly constructed&#33; The silmarillion is made of fragments pieced together by Christopher Tolkien three years after JRR&#39;s death...
    If I remember corrrectly Tolkien didn&#39;t want it published in the first place.

Now, about this worst book ever: William Gibson and his cyberpunk bs certainly deserve a place in the pantheon of shite books&#33;

edit: forgot an h someplace.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    [i]Originally posted by uNz@21 June 2004 - 10:09

Blackadder
    The Young Ones
    Filthy Rich & Catflap

Theres probably more...

Really? That boggles my mind.
    How could the same person produce such absolute shit and such art? This is gonna make my head spin for a while. Are you shure it&#39;s the same Ben Elton? Wow.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J&#33;GGY@19 June 2004 - 09:57
    "To kill a mocking bird" just sucked.
    How wrong can you be? So sad, as I think that this book is one of the best i have ever read. A real jem (pun intended).

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    I liked To Kill A Mockingbird too....I guess everyone has thier own taste in novels

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Donnie Darko's Avatar Poster
    Everyone has there own taste,guess its all up to you
    *Removed for being gay

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Originally posted by Dubhguy+23 June 2004 - 13:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dubhguy &#064; 23 June 2004 - 13:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-uNz&#091;i
    ,21 June 2004 - 10:09]
    Blackadder
    The Young Ones
    Filthy Rich & Catflap

Theres probably more...

How could the same person produce such absolute shit and such art? This is gonna make my head spin for a while. Are you shure it&#39;s the same Ben Elton? Wow.[/b][/quote]
    Yes, I&#39;m sure. The author&#39;s photo is in the book.
    Unless he has an identical twin brother with the same name.

But hey... Gridlock was the worst book I ever read. Another person might say its the best they ever read. As Donnie Darko said, its just a matter of taste.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    [i]Originally posted by uNz[i]+23 June 2004 - 09:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (uNz @ 23 June 2004 - 09:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Dubhguy@23 June 2004 - 13:27
    <!--QuoteBegin-uNz&#091;i

Blackadder
    The Young Ones
    Filthy Rich & Catflap

Theres probably more...

How could the same person produce such absolute shit and such art? This is gonna make my head spin for a while. Are you shure it&#39;s the same Ben Elton? Wow.

But hey... Gridlock was the worst book I ever read. Another person might say its the best they ever read. As Donnie Darko said, its just a matter of taste. [/b][/quote]
    Ben Elton&#39;s books have always been difficult for me to read, he&#39;s not a bad writer it&#39;s just I don&#39;t like being preached to so obviously when I read.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Originally posted by Withcheese+23 June 2004 - 21:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 23 June 2004 - 21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by uNz&#091;i+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (uNz&#091;i)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>,23 June 2004 - 09:36] <!--QuoteBegin-Dubhguy@23 June 2004 - 13:27
    <!--QuoteBegin-uNz&#091;i

Blackadder
    The Young Ones
    Filthy Rich & Catflap

Theres probably more...

But hey... Gridlock was the worst book I ever read. Another person might say its the best they ever read. As Donnie Darko said, its just a matter of taste. [/b][/quote]
    Ben Elton&#39;s books have always been difficult for me to read, he&#39;s not a bad writer it&#39;s just I don&#39;t like being preached to so obviously when I read. [/b][/quote]
    Spot on, cheese. :beerchug:

I don&#39;t mind being educated to the problems of the world, but Mr Elton needs to apply a bit more subtlety to his novels. I felt as if I was being spoon-fed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast