Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Worst Book

the lovely bones I initially hated. but only cos the main characters called Suzanne (my name) and her best friends Kath (my best friends name) and she has blonde hair, blue eyes and anaemia (like moi) and she gets raped and murdered in the first chapter. Freaked me right out.

but now i've calmed down a bit i really like it. plus its being made into a movie by peter jackson.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Originally posted by Randomblonde@13 July 2004 - 15:52
    the lovely bones I initially hated. but only cos the main characters called Suzanne (my name) and her best friends Kath (my best friends name) and she has blonde hair, blue eyes and anaemia (like moi) and she gets raped and murdered in the first chapter. Freaked me right out.

but now i've calmed down a bit i really like it. plus its being made into a movie by peter jackson.
    Weird.But sounds like a good book.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    TheNobleEU's Avatar Post Count Slacker
    Originally posted by Randomblonde@18 June 2004 - 09:50
    I actually thought Tolkein's The Hobbit was up there...
    I completely agree, and I second the author but not the book -- which is to say The Hobbit was the least painful for me, in that it took only two tries to get through it.

The Trilogy proper was a nightmare. It took me three tries to get through "The Fellowship" (the trip on the way to, and then the exchange with Tom Bombadil [sp?] was enough to make me puke), and then, after several tries to get through the Two Towers (I died on the trip through the Dead Marshes -- the irony), I gave up totally on the series. Easily some of the worst, most boring material I've ever read in fantasy -- I'm astonished at the hype. I know Tolkien was writing specifically for children, but sheesh...

Cheers,
    -EU

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    im agreeing with TheNobleEU

i tried really hard to read the fellowship and i got past the first couple of chapters (just) , and it was too boring to read on. i liked the folms though
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

5. Lounge   -   #35
    BANNED
    i haven't read many bad books, cause i usually read bbooks people recommend. but i'd have to say that it would be: salems lot - steven king....
    Sharks - can't remember who wrote it but it was poo...
    he wrote another book called whales but it was good.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Jude the OBscure

7. Lounge   -   #37
    I recently tried to read War and Peace. Now that was tedious. Got about 1/4 through.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Worst book I've read recently was Pamela by Samuel Richardson.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I've read lots of truly crappy books for the lit. classes at uni.

Titles like "Sula", "Housekeeping" and "The Millstone" still annoy me, whenever I think of them.

And Brontė don't get me started on her works.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    DigitalSoul's Avatar The Leftover Crack
    harry potter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234