Thread: Movies To Dvds

I was told i need a DVD burner to change my downloaded movies to DVD files...im not sure if this is true or not....One of the movies i have for example is Waynes World....it is 695 MB...so i can fit it on a data CD and watch it on my computer....but i want to burn it so i can watch it on my DVD player...please let me know if there is any programs i can download from Kazaa that would enable me to watch my downloaded videos on my DVD player..thanks

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by rockstar55667@17 March 2003 - 16:04
    I was told i need a DVD burner to change my downloaded movies to DVD files...im not sure if this is true or not....One of the movies i have for example is Waynes World....it is 695 MB...so i can fit it on a data CD and watch it on my computer....but i want to burn it so i can watch it on my DVD player...please let me know if there is any programs i can download from Kazaa that would enable me to watch my downloaded videos on my DVD player..thanks
    If you do not have a DVD burner then you would have to make then into VCD or SVCD, however the Quality will suffer. I would suggest a Video card with TV out. If you must have them on VCD then check out www.doom9.org for info and software required.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that VCD and SVCD's do not play on all DVD players, you will need a newer DVD player to do this, as always my suggestion is a video card with the TV out feature, simply wire it out to your TV and you keep the Quality level.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    ok i went to the www.doom9.org site....and i downloaded a file which looked like it was the correct file....it was called "DVD2SVCD" ...it appears that this program is only for ripping DVDs onto my computer if you have a file name of a program i could download that would be helpful...thanks again

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    You downloaded that prog that rips DVDs. Instead, you need a prog that converts an AVI file to a VCD-compatible MPEG. I think doom9 has that. Just look for AVI to VCD or something, the word DVD shouldn't be mentioned.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    TMPGenc is the program you want. Get VirtualDub also just in case. Check out http://www.dvdrhelp.com for more info.