Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decreasing Sharing

meudeuf
    I'm a veteran in kl but this is the first time i'm using the forum because i have noticed that the number of users online has decreased more than a few in those 3 past months.

When i first started to use Kl we were >3,5 millions sometimes 4 to 5.
    3 months ago i could steal see that 2 millions up to 3 millions where connected
    and now it seems that we are less than 100 000!!! :

What happened???

I still share more than ever, I will resist, Alamo !!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Well I do know that the number of sources has decreased tremendously...which is depressing.

Whos knows if we get the truth about number of users at our level.

About an hour ago there were over 2 million users on KL........

Right now it says theres 84 thousand........

I have no clue?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    It's those damn song cops who are scaring everyone away with tales of being sued for hundreds of thousands of dollars and being put on Death Row for downloading some music. And the way these assholes are coming down on some people are just so wrong. In fact, I'm going on a rant.

*RANT! TURN AWAY, WEAK OF HEART*
    These singers are making countless millions of dollars, live in houses like size of a small moon, and still bitch and complain that their songs are being stolen and they are getting "ripped off." What the fuck do these people have to worry about? Seriously? Banana Republic out of khakis? The cappacino machine at Starbucks is broken? These are people that demand $20 million dollars per film (when they can't even fucking act) and they STILL want free stuff. How the fuck does that work? Shouldn't you get free stuff when you have LESS money? And then these "musicians" (can't even call them that anymore. Usher? How does a one note, one syllable song stay at the top of the chart for weeks?) complain that their losing CD sales because of downloading. Let's take Metallica's Lars Ulrich for examplea and I quote, "Nag nag nag we're losing sales nag nag nag bitch whine nag nag nag". You're not losing album sales because people are downloading your music. You lost album sales because your album sucked ritcheous ASS! It was worse that Load AND Reload! COMBINED! And then "artists" complain again "were not getting as many album sales as before". What about Avril Lavigne? If 10 million records is a "loss", than I don't know what is.

RANT COMPLETE.

Sorry about that.
    Random Quote of the Day
    Manny Calavera: My scythe. I like to keep it where my heart used to be.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I've just opened Kazaa on my computer for the first time in almost a year.
    Only 84,000 users online.

For anyone that thought kazaa wasn't dead,

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Broken@11 July 2004 - 16:19
    I've just opened Kazaa on my computer for the first time in almost a year.
    Damn, you still have it installed?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by zippy_frog@11 July 2004 - 21:30
    It's those damn song cops who are scaring everyone away with tales of being sued for hundreds of thousands of dollars and being put on Death Row for downloading some music. And the way these assholes are coming down on some people are just so wrong. In fact, I'm going on a rant.

*RANT! TURN AWAY, WEAK OF HEART*
    These singers are making countless millions of dollars, live in houses like size of a small moon, and still bitch and complain that their songs are being stolen and they are getting "ripped off." What the fuck do these people have to worry about? Seriously? Banana Republic out of khakis? The cappacino machine at Starbucks is broken? These are people that demand $20 million dollars per film (when they can't even fucking act) and they STILL want free stuff. How the fuck does that work? Shouldn't you get free stuff when you have LESS money? And then these "musicians" (can't even call them that anymore. Usher? How does a one note, one syllable song stay at the top of the chart for weeks?) complain that their losing CD sales because of downloading. Let's take Metallica's Lars Ulrich for examplea and I quote, "Nag nag nag we're losing sales nag nag nag bitch whine nag nag nag". You're not losing album sales because people are downloading your music. You lost album sales because your album sucked ritcheous ASS! It was worse that Load AND Reload! COMBINED! And then "artists" complain again "were not getting as many album sales as before". What about Avril Lavigne? If 10 million records is a "loss", than I don't know what is. 

RANT COMPLETE.

Sorry about that.
    1)lol, its still stealing......

if i had though up the plans to a time machine, and you stole em, ud be stealing right?

if i had those plans on my comp, and you hacked into it and downloaded it, wouldnt that be the same? if i was homeless (i know it would be kinda hard to have an internet connection, but hypothetically speaking) would it be more stealing than if i had more money than Bill? If i was rich an someone broke into my house to steal 10 bucks id turn his face into a bloody pulp as much as if that was my last 10 bucks, stealing is stealing

fuck that shit, stealing is stealing........ if you walked out of a mall with a CD w/o paying for it, you wouldnt be surprised if you get stopped, but if you do it on the net, you bitch about it????? weird.......

you're just trying to justify your wrongdoing........ say "its ok for me to steal, the sob im stealing from is rich anyway"

2)that Usher song ruled........ well, he dint, the beat did [/BITCH]

now im off to download/steal an album from some artist that CANT afford it, and feel perfectly fine about it
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Storm@11 July 2004 - 20:36
    fuck that shit, stealing is stealing........ if you walked out of a mall with a CD w/o paying for it, you wouldnt be surprised if you get stopped, but if you do it on the net, you bitch about it????? weird.......
    So stupid... once again your logic is flawed. Theft of intellectual property hasn't been clearly defined, and thus we have these issues.

Walking out of a CD store without paying for an album, is theft of Physical property.

Downloading an album on the internet is stealing Intellectual property.

I would be willing to agree, that in some form, they are both a version of stealing, however 'bytes of data' are NOT the same as a 'packaged item'. The cost of production far outweighs the difference in product between one and the other.

I won't argue the logistics of the situation with you, but I'd be hard pressed to find a court in the land, that will say that an MP3 is the same as a store bought CD. Sorry, but even here in the US, we recognize that these two things are very different, and the laws always evolve slower than the technology. :music1:
    Proud member of MDS

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Jibbler+12 July 2004 - 02:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 12 July 2004 - 02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Storm@11 July 2004 - 20:36
    So stupid... once again your logic is flawed. Theft of intellectual property hasn&#39;t been clearly defined, and thus we have these issues.

Walking out of a CD store without paying for an album, is theft of Physical property.

Downloading an album on the internet is stealing Intellectual property.

I would be willing to agree, that in some form, they are both a version of stealing, however &#39;bytes of data&#39; are NOT the same as a &#39;packaged item&#39;. The cost of production far outweighs the difference in product between one and the other.

I won&#39;t argue the logistics of the situation with you, but I&#39;d be hard pressed to find a court in the land, that will say that an MP3 is the same as a store bought CD. Sorry, but even here in the US, we recognize that these two things are very different, and the laws always evolve slower than the technology. :music1: [/b][/quote]
    THANK YOU&#33;
    Random Quote of the Day
    Manny Calavera: My scythe. I like to keep it where my heart used to be.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    My Thoughts Over A Year Ago...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    _
    Originally posted by nukemdomis@11 July 2004 - 19:19
    Well I do know that the number of sources has decreased tremendously...which is depressing.

Whos knows if we get the truth about number of users at our level.

About an hour ago there were over 2 million users on KL........

Right now it says theres 84 thousand........

I have no clue?
    You&#39;re connected to a bad supernode. Use Kazupernodes to switch supernodes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast