Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Norton Antivirus 2004 Worth Getting?

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I was wondering if I should update my Norton 2003 Antivirus to 2004. I heard alot of bad reviews about it, but they should have managed to update the problem now eh? Do the crack/serials still work for it, because updates normally try to take out pirated copys and such, but programers are as smart as other programers, thus allowing new versions of cracks and such.
    Any ideas?

Oh yea, I was also wondering if I should have multiple firewalls? Right now I have norton antivirus, but some bastard on yahoo messenger still managed to kick me off and my yahoo password is 18 characters long includeing numbers, lower and upercase letters. I dont accept any files or other stupid things allowing attacks on yahoo.. so I'm wondering if I should add more security to my system firewall strength?

One last thing. I normally have to go into Port Forward quite alot to enable and later disable ports for certain programs like emule. (I go back to close them afterwards, so they arnt allwats open and I only use like 2-3 single ports at a time). Is there any software that can automaticly open ports for a program "Only" when it's open? I would like to configure emule and gamespy arcade with it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Get Panda, it earned the 5 star rating in the Triple-S test.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Nod32 has better option and kaspersky can detect scomware (i.e adware/spyware)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Nav 2004 is nice but it uses alot of ram

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Imo the only norton/symantec product worth having is WinDoctor. There are much better AV, PF & defrags available.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by zapjb@14 June 2004 - 21:44
    Imo the only norton/symantec product worth having is WinDoctor. There are much better AV, PF & defrags available.
    I do like NSW I try'd 2004 but went back to 2003. Just find its better .

@zapjb Diskdocter is also a nice program.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Um peat moss you can do all that wo DiskDoctor. Rt click local disk - properties - tools. There it is. No need for DiskDoctor.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by zapjb@14 June 2004 - 22:08
    Um peat moss you can do all that wo DiskDoctor. Rt click local disk - properties - tools. There it is. No need for DiskDoctor.
    Learn something new every day .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    VIP...just ask any
    I actually 'purchased' the Norton 2004. Installed it, and found it slows down about every program I have. It seems any time you manipulate a program, Norton needs to run a virus check first and then allows your command to function.

So, I took it back to Comp USA to get my refund, (figured I would just phone in a update for my 2003) the little puppy at the counter asked me what the problem was. I told her it wasn't compatible w/ my programs....she gave me a look over and figured I was too old to know that once the program was installed, and registered, it was mine, regardless. She gave me the whole refund... hahahaa

Anyway, I wouldn't upgrade to Norton 2004 even if it's free.
    I still have it running, and put up with the annoyance of my slowed programs.

First time my age was a benefit to me...I can't hardly wait for the senior discounts at Denny's!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    @zapjb It always amazes me you can due a fresh install of win/xp ,then install run norton windocter which finds 4 or 5 problems . It's always different too regrisrty one time missing short cut's , or active/ x com problems. It makes you wonder ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast