Thread: Restarting Xp Problem

Poster
    okay everytime i try to restart my computer, it starts to like log off of xp, then it just SHUTS DOWN. so then i try to turn on my computer, but it like starts to boot up and all i see is like a black screen, the monitor doesnt even turn on, then the computer shuts off, so i have to turn off my computer manually in the back of the computer, then let it sit for like 5 mins. then i get to turn my computer on and it boots up... how can i fix it so it just restarts right?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    I've seen something similar caused by faulty graphics card drivers. Unfortunately I didn't find out what the problem was, the guy fixed it while I wasn't there.

In general, perform windows update, install any updated drivers, and look at the graphics card makers site, see if there are any updated drivers there.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    alright, ill check that out. thnx for the info.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    is it giving you any error signals?

usually a comp beeps once when you boot up, if you're getting multiple beeps, something is going wrong during booting, if not, it prolly is what lynx said......
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it