Thread: Got A 600mb File Off Overnet

Debaser
    I grabbed a game/iso off Overnet, over 600 mb's and mounted it with Daemon tools but its...blank I guess, I go into the cd drive and it says that the space is full but theres nothing there! It's blank, tried opening it with winrar, no go, changed the extension to a few other things like .exe and nothing.

This happened once before with another iso and I dumped it figuring it was a fake but now I'm wondering if it something I'm not doing right. Anybody know?

Thanx

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    use WinISO or similar, to look at the original downloaded file

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Debaser
    Nothing

Winiso says its an invalid image or some crap, Winrar says no archives found, and it's just blank mounted on Daemon Tools,

Think I've been had

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    one way to avoid "being had" is to expand tree view on files youre downloading, by clicking the lil [+] thingie, and looking at the filenames the users with 100% of the file have it named.
    if you see unrelated filenames, or bad filenames, there is a good chance it's a bad file

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    am i right in saying overnet used ed2k files? well if it does you should really go on a site which have verified ed2k links,

i use fileheavn dot org for any files i wanna download from emule. 100% of the time the files have been correct!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Debaser
    Yeah Overnet uses ed2k, thanks for the recommendation, I'll check that site out, thank ya

Yeah I should start doing the tree view thing little more, just so used to NOT getting fakes on Overnet, out of all the gb's I've gotten on there maybe got one or two fakes, but ah well.