Thread: Printer

can anyone recomend me a shop or website (uk) that sells very cheap epson printers below £30 because i like the idea that ii can get hold of cartriges for £3 a piece

thanks in advance

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I'd have thought you'd get the entry level model for between £30 & £40 in loadsa places if you look around a bit.

A word of warning though; cheap carts in Epsons isn't always the best idea as the print head can get clogged. You can get away with them in HPs as their carts have new print heads in them, but Epson carts don't and their heads cost more than the printers they fit. Still, you can get a new Epson printer for less than the cost of two original HP carts.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    ya i hate the price of my HP print cartridges, 40bucks for color, 35 for black

edit: and the cheaper cartridges, the refill ones, IMO are a ripoff worse than teh real ones. THey last fo like 2 pages of printing, and it looks like shit anyway.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    u got the site for cheap ink as i have a hp printer (photo smart 7350)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@16 June 2004 - 13:46

edit: and the cheaper cartridges, the refill ones, IMO are a ripoff worse than teh real ones. THey last fo like 2 pages of printing, and it looks like shit anyway.
    Your right rossco while I like HP printers , you might as well BUY a new printer when the ink runs out .

edit: I'v tried the refill kits All I do is get covered in ink . Canons are suppose to be pretty good for replacement cost's. I may lean to them next.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peat moss+16 June 2004 - 22:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peat moss @ 16 June 2004 - 22:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@16 June 2004 - 13:46

Your right rossco while I like HP printers , you might as well BUY a new printer when the ink runs out .

edit: I&#39;v tried the refill kits All I do is get covered in ink . Canons are suppose to be pretty good for replacement cost&#39;s. I may lean to them next. [/b][/quote]
    ya, not to mention even teh cheapest canon printers, the ones that you can get at a dollar store for like 20 bucks, are all higher quality and faster than my printer

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    You can get some fluid to flush the heads on an Epson, if they ever get blocked. It also really sharpens up your printing, definitely worth getting.

The biggest cause of clogging is using the wrong ink. Mixing Epson ink and HP ink nearly always results in blocked heads, whether you put Epson ink in an HP cart or HP ink in an Epson cart.

That&#39;s because they use something to keep the pigment molecules apart, but Epson&#39;s chemicals keep Epson pigments apart and HP chemicals keep HP pigments apart, but there&#39;s nothing to stop HP pigments and Epson pigments from binding together, the result is clogged heads.

So if someone tells you their ink works with all printers, be VERY careful. If it is HP compatible ink, it will work in an Epson once you&#39;ve got rid of all the old Epson ink (and maybe blocked heads in the process, but you&#39;ve then got the same problem if you go back to a cart using Epson ink. If it is Epson compatible ink in an HP cart, you should only have the switchover problem once, since the heads are part of the cart.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.