Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 Panel Find No Link With Iraq

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Turns out that Don King was the Svengali behind the scenes the whole time.

Explains a lot, don't you think?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Oh, you cynical lot, you.

BTW- the shell that was found (and detonated) recently?

Do you think it was a token round-perhaps one made as a souvenir for Saddam, to remind him of all the good times had leading the inspectors on a wild goose-chase?

Do you think even the Iraqis were foolish enough to tool up for a production-run of one shell?

Anything's possible, I guess.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by j2k4@18 June 2004 - 20:39
    Oh, you cynical lot, you.

BTW- the shell that was found (and detonated) recently?

Do you think it was a token round-perhaps one made as a souvenir for Saddam, to remind him of all the good times had leading the inspectors on a wild goose-chase?

Do you think even the Iraqis were foolish enough to tool up for a production-run of one shell?

Anything's possible, I guess.
    As far as i was aware the shell dated back to the iran war and was classified as a non-discovery by everyone that looked into it and the current administration was clear in its statement. For all we know it could have just been an unexploded shell..... they still dig those up from WW2 in Europe. It wasn't a WMD and nobody denied that Iraq at some point in it's history did have munitions.
    This is if we are talking about the same shell from a couple of months ago....not seen much news lately...seen some nice landscape and a huge mouse with big round ears though B)

If it is a different shell i would like to point out that shells can be modified in a garden shed, it doesn't have to be mass production.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Ahem.

I did note, 'anything is possible'.

Just chocking the doors, in case any of you need to walk back through, at some point.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Mighty decent of you j2.

A sterling example of noblesse oblige by the demonstrably misled.

Bravo.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Originally posted by clocker@18 June 2004 - 22:22
    Mighty decent of you j2.

A sterling example of noblesse oblige by the demonstrably misled.

Bravo.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    lynx's Avatar .
    Sorry J2, can't help being cynical.

They find a shell that's been sitting there since the Iran war, supposedly containing traces of nerve agent. Then before anyone can examine it properly it explodes, but fortunately no-one is close enough to be injured.

Convenient, huh?

Edit: I've been thinking about it a little more since I wrote this post.

Order of business on finding an unexploded bomb/shell:
    1) Make it safe. Any other action could cost lives, quick exit from armed forces, possibly via a jail cell.
    2) Examine bomb/shell, preserve evidence.

The reported actions just don't make sense, it was obviously a diversion.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    True enough, but if you could try on my shoes for a moment, you might see my dilemma:

Depending on who is doing the naysaying-

1. Saddam had WMD, but got rid of them before the invasion, and the US are a bunch of bastards.

2. Saddam got rid of WMD piece-meal during the '90s, and the U.S. are a bunch of bastards.

3. Saddam used up all his WMD during Gulf War I, but the U.N. was made paranoid by the U.S., who are a bunch of bastards.

4. Saddam once had a WMD starter-kit which he used to torture the Kurds and others; which kit was supplied by the U.S., who, BTW, are a bunch of bastards.

5. Saddam never had any WMD, and the Kurds were gassed by the CIA, who were sent by the U.S., who are a bunch of bastards.

6. Saddam never had anything, not even a stick to play with, because all his oil was stolen by others, at the urging of the U.S, who are a bunch of bastards.

There are other things to consider, also:

1. At one time, everyone on earth was convinced Saddam had WMD.

2. At one time, all of the intelligence services on earth had strong evidence that Saddam had WMD.

3. At one time, politicians everywhere, in every speech, were making an obligatory note of the fact Saddam had WMD.

4. At one time, if confronted, most people would guess Saddam had WMD.

5. At one time, everyone in the Republican party believed Saddam had WMD.

6. At one time, every intelligence service represented by the coalition thought Saddam had WMD.

7. At the current time, President Bush believes Saddam had WMD.

The tune continually changes, lynx; I haven't always got time to properly discern exactly who I'm responding to.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    There are other things to consider, also:

1. At one time, everyone on earth was convinced Saddam had WMD.... 1990

2. At one time, all of the intelligence services on earth had strong evidence that Saddam had WMD.....1988-1991

3. At one time, politicians everywhere, in every speech, were making an obligatory note of the fact Saddam had WMD....1990-1991

4. At one time, if confronted, most people would guess Saddam had WMD...1990-1991

5. At one time, everyone in the Republican party believed Saddam had WMD....1980 onwards?

6. At one time, every intelligence service represented by the coalition thought Saddam had WMD....1985-1995

7. At the current time, President Bush believes Saddam had WMD.... Probably, but then he believes he talks to God, so its hardly surprising

BTW:

I dont believe US are a bunch of Bastards, just the guys in charge, but whats new.....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@19 June 2004 - 18:42
    7. At the current time, President Bush believes Saddam had WMD.... Probably, but then he believes he talks to God, so its hardly surprising
    Now now, RF (or is it Skweeky this time ), there's nothing wrong with talking to God. The problems start when you believe God is talking back.

It's the same with talking to yourself.

Trouble it, I think GW believes they are the same thing.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast