Thread: Downloads On Mirc

hiya

well this is a strange one but a few of you might come across this b4

when i download a single file from mirc , the speed of the download can vary from like 20 k to 160 k - im on 1500 adsl

but if i download 2 things at once , both go to about 75k and stay there and dont vary

i know there can be some traffic issues with mirc , but its just unusual that one file seem to kep the other file at half the max

any idea's on this

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    any ideas on what? u didnt ask anything

but its not strange it does that. it all depends ont the bots upload

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by delphin460@18 May 2004 - 06:34
    hiya

well this is a strange one but a few of you might come across this b4

when i download a single file from mirc , the speed of the download can vary from like 20 k to 160 k - im on 1500 adsl

but if i download 2 things at once , both go to about 75k and stay there and dont vary

i know there can be some traffic issues with mirc , but its just unusual that one file seem to kep the other file at half the max

any idea's on this
    ur 1500 ADSL is Kbps not KBps!!!!
    Hope u know the diff Bytes and bits the one that all the companies use is bits its small 'b' not 'B'...
    so ur max speed is arnd 160-180KBps!!
    so it is correct wat???
    75+75 = 150 arnd there right !!
    So ur actual speed is at the max 1500/8 KBps!
    hope u get it!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    its splitting the bandwidth since 2 downloads are on so 75 a piece.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    yup u got it!!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    um not exactly , as i said b4
    i can run 2 downloads at once and get the max and hold at about 75 k each

but if i only have 1 download running , the download speed of that 1 download can vary between 20 k and 160 k ( my max )

the question realy is , is it the bot or server that is causing this variation in the single download , or is there something else i can do to keep the single download at max

i have all the hacks from the mirc section tutorials running and also run xdcc klipper

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by delphin460@11 June 2004 - 05:56
    um not exactly , as i said b4
    i can run 2 downloads at once and get the max and hold at about 75 k each

but if i only have 1 download running , the download speed of that 1 download can vary between 20 k and 160 k ( my max )

the question realy is , is it the bot or server that is causing this variation in the single download , or is there something else i can do to keep the single download at max

i have all the hacks from the mirc section tutorials running and also run xdcc klipper
    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM,,,,,,,,,,,,, ITS SOMETHING LIKE TUG-O-WAR.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    it all depends on the bandwith. the bot or bots are trying to determin the best speed for your simultainius downloads.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    Originally posted by bryanskrantz@14 June 2004 - 14:01
    it all depends on the bandwith. the bot or bots are trying to determin the best speed for your simultainius downloads.

CLARIFICATION:

1. the bots dont "determine" anything for themselves

2. the speed is only affected by their number of slots open, if the bot has a max upload of 300k, the admin is most likely going to leave about 5 slots open, so each person downloading from it can get around 60k

ANOTHER QUOTE:

ROFL!!!! HACKS for mirc eh?
    comedy