Thread: Errors On Startup, Log On/off And Shutdown

Hey, just flashed to the supposedly best bios (trats d24) for the NF7-S and now on startup and shutdown I get many memory errors. They look like this:
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v147/kaiweiler/un717l3d.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    I tried running at all stock settings with no avail, anyone know my problem here??
    With my old bios I had an fsb of 213 with ram timings at 11-3-3-2.5 with no errors
    For now I can just hit "OK" untill they go away and windows loads fine after that and is prime95 stable

Specifics:
    Abit NF7-S rev2.0
    2x256 PC3200 Hynix
    Athlon 2500+ Barton (non mobile)

Already ran Memtest for quite a while with no errors, as seen below

So I don't think it's physical memory
    I've already posted this in Hardwareworld, and we've come to the conclusion it's software based...
    Any ideas before I completely format and reinstall?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Test with Memtest86; how can a windows based memory tester check the memory occupied by Windows itself?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Chewie, he's already tested memory to exhaustion, it's NOT a memory fault.

Kai, I've come to the conclusion that a piece of software has become corrupted, causing it to look at address 0x00000000. As we've already discussed, addresses below a certain point (16MB I believe) are remapped elsewhere specifically to trap these errors.

My suggestion is to try a reinstall with the repair option, that should compare signatures of installed files against the correct siganture, and replace any which are faulty. I believe you will have to reinstall any service packs/upates after this.

The alternative is obviously a complete re-installation.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.