Thread: Wireless Internet

Poster
    okay, i just got wireless internet today, because okay its a kinda big story but here it goes. Okay, my computer used to be in my older bros room so when he would come home he would always kick me off of MY computer. And my lil bro had his own computer in our room (we share one). So i got frustrated and the other day i moved the computer into my room. I got wireless internet and i like it only one problem. In my brothers room where i used to have it with the cable just hooked straight up to my computer i got 100Mbps, now with this wireless crap i get 11Mbps, is there any way that i can make this faster?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    First of all, not wireless internet, wireless network\ethernet.

Second, the maximum speed of the wireless router and wireless cards you bought ar 11mbps so you cannot get it any faster than that.

third, don't worry about it anyway, your actual internet speed won't go slower than before, because your connection is most likely only 1.5mbps or 3mbps. You would only need it faster if you wanted to copy stuff across your network from say your bro's computer to yours or something like that.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    ight, cool, so it wont like affect my bit torrent speeds ither?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Jordank87@17 June 2004 - 16:07
    Nope! You should be fine there as well....
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by kaiweiler+17 June 2004 - 15:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kaiweiler @ 17 June 2004 - 15:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jordank87@17 June 2004 - 16:07
    Nope&#33; You should be fine there as well.... [/b][/quote]
    yes, it won&#39;t affect them at all.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I hope you secured your wireless network. Don’t want anyone “borrowing” your bandwidth.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@17 June 2004 - 12:18
    First of all, not wireless internet, wireless network&#092;ethernet.

Second, the maximum speed of the wireless router and wireless cards you bought ar 11mbps so you cannot get it any faster than that.

third, don&#39;t worry about it anyway, your actual internet speed won&#39;t go slower than before, because your connection is most likely only 1.5mbps or 3mbps. You would only need it faster if you wanted to copy stuff across your network from say your bro&#39;s computer to yours or something like that.
    uh yea wtf is wireless internet lol

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    I hope you secured your wireless network. Don’t want anyone “borrowing” your bandwidth.&nbsp;
    ummm, how do i secure it...???? :helpsmile: