Thread: New Logitech Setup

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Logitech Elite™ Keyboard

This new keyboard provides the expert controls to optimize what you do when you want to do it. The enhanced function key commands bring new efficiency to the things you do often. They allow you to instantly access your email, instant messenger, favorite files, pictures, music, and websites. Plus, you can quickly navigate around the web, applications, media files, and documents.

Features
    Enhanced function key commands
    Stylish Zero Degree Tilt™ keyboard design feels good in your hands
    Easy to install and set up
    For Windows and Macintosh

Logitech® Optical Mouse Black

Logitech took its classic optical mouse and made it even better. How? By improving both its shape and its performance. The Logitech® Optical Mouse features the world´s best-selling optical technology for incredibly smooth tracking with no maintenance necessary. Scrolling is quick and precise too, thanks to the new scroll wheel. Unlike standard mechanical scroll wheels, this wheel is based on an optical system for improved feel and precision. The comfortable design feels great in either hand, and setup couldn´t be easier — all you need to do is plug it in.

Features

World-class optical technology for precise, maintenance-free tracking
    Smoother scroll wheel based on optics
    Contoured for comfort
    Instant setup with no software drivers necessary.

I bought the keyboard a few weeks ago and just bought the mouse today
    ide recommend any logitech products to people lookin for a change...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    None of that is new, it's new to you since u just got it, but it isn't new at all. I've had that stuff (not in black though) for SSSSOOOOOOOO long and it was out long before I even bought it....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    i see. i have a question about the optical mouse , when i turn my comp off the light in the mouse stays on is that normal? :helpsmile:

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Should have got the MX500 Logitech mouse.....but nice stuff anyway.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by mofos@18 June 2004 - 07:58
    i see. i have a question about the optical mouse , when i turn my comp off the light in the mouse stays on is that normal? :helpsmile:
    Ya thats normal, it drove me nuts too . But you get used to it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    It's cause ATX power supplies, opn newer computers, give a constant power soruce to teh computer even when it iis off, and some motherboards choose to have certain stuff being powered at certain times, although it is useless while the computer is off anyway

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by RGX@18 June 2004 - 10:00
    Well maybe but I just got one of those about 2 months ago. It just died. All the buttons work but the optical light stays off so the pointer doesn't move. I tried it on another PC, no different. So now I'm back to a cheap $5 mouse.

I know that it should be covered by warranty but it's still a pain.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+18 June 2004 - 16:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 18 June 2004 - 16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RGX@18 June 2004 - 10:00
    Well maybe but I just got one of those about 2 months ago. It just died. All the buttons work but the optical light stays off so the pointer doesn&#39;t move. I tried it on another PC, no different. So now I&#39;m back to a cheap &#036;5 mouse.

I know that it should be covered by warranty but it&#39;s still a pain. [/b][/quote]
    Tough luck, definately exchange&#092;return it. You must have had a bad one, im sure they don&#39;t all die after 2 months