Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush's Speech..

jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by Master YodaX@18 March 2003 - 05:15
    I think it was a war declaration
    any wich ways it goes noone can deny that at least we'll be removing someone who does not deserve to live
    BUSH is gonna be removed.... phew what a relief

(Romeo187 @ 18 March 2003 - 11:38)
    well... i was convinced already...

EVERYONE KNOWS he has these weapons... and nobody is doing bugger all.. they are doing something.. and that my friends is better than nothing...

Tom.,
    To be honest Romeo187, i'm not convinced at all. It's even worse i don't think Saddam has them.
    They (US Governement) just tell you that so are scared from them. And will back up his doubtable choice...
    Ig there were weapons, show them... your intelligence is that almighty isn't it.

But i can say you this after or during the war they will show up.... guess who's gonna put them there..!

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Originally posted by jetje+18 March 2003 - 13:19--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 18 March 2003 - 13:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Master YodaX@18 March 2003 - 05:15
    I think it was a war declaration
    any wich ways it goes noone can deny that at least we&#39;ll be removing someone who does not deserve to live
    BUSH is gonna be removed.... phew what a relief [/b][/quote]
    LOL

I missed the speech so can&#39;t say but...
    I&#39;m not the most informed but I belive the war should happen. Seems there are valid reasons for it and if Saddam wanted to prevent it he would have cooperated with the U.N. much earlier. I just am not sure I belive it should happen without U.N. sanction. Then again, what good is it to try and get U.N. approval if someone can veto it because their vote carries more weight than anothers?

I am not so sure that putting oilfields ahead of the weapons is valid proof that the war is about oil either. I seem to remember a whole lot of damage being done (to people and the environment) when the fields were set to fire last time and it seems to be a good idea to prevent this from happening again if possible.
    The weapons, many seem to agree exist but just don&#39;t seem to know exactly where. Can&#39;t really do much about them in the begginning if we don&#39;t know where they are(just gotta hope the first strikes take many of them out I geuss).

Anyway, I think that Bush going to war without U.N. approval is a bad idea(unless more of the countries that say they are in support back it up with action too). It seems as if we are willing to go along with the U.N. as long as it agrees with us. Not really a good way to run things in my opinion.

Just another poorly informed opinion.

One more thing. I belive we are handeling France and it&#39;s stand wrong. It seems we are trying to turn our country against France instead of dealing with a differance in policy/ideals. Seems I heard that the Senate dinning room renamed french fries to freedom fries, rediculous. This just seems tomake things worse instead of helping to deal with a problem.
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    I&#39;m just trying to understand the logic underlying in this speech. And I think most of it is wrong.

Here&#39;s what I got from it :

1) There are high risks of acts of terrorism.

That&#39;s true. That was also true before 11.9.01.

2) Saddam Hussein is one of this risks because he has mass destruction weapons.

Maybe true (nothing proven yet). A lot of countries have these mass destruction weapons, & have a lot of them. North Corea, Russia, Pakistan, India...

3) Iraq have links with al-qaeda.

Maybe are there some contacts, but not more. Nothing has been proven yet. We were only given faked evidences.

4) Saddam refused to cooperate with the inspectors.

That&#39;s not what the inspectors say.

5) The Security council failed to disarm Iraq.

Who said so? The inspections were going on & were giving results. The Security council didn&#39;t want a war before it could be sure Iraq&#39;s disarment was impossible via other means (the inspections). The role of the UN is to seek peace, not to make inconsiderate wars.

6) The USA have the right to make that war without UN approval.

Untrue. There&#39;s no UN resolution that call for an automatic use of force against Iraq. Hitherto the war is illegal.

Now, I would like to ask: what&#39;s the cause of international terrorism? Isn&#39;t it the widening economic, social & cultural gap between the North & the South? Will that war lead to a growing sentiment of justice among the populations of the South ? The answer is : no&#33; The US are about to make their biggest mistake ever, & everyone will pay for it.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Ive kept my mouth shut on this forum for a long time, and i suppose im still going to sit on the fence a little, even though i know what i think is the right thing to do and maybe this will give you some hints without me saying yes or no.

OK about the oil, America and Britain have very little to gain from gettin rid of sadam and getting a democratic government in, for a start if there is a lot of damage by the bombing in iraq, where do you think the money to rebuild it is going to come from, they are going to raise the oil prices even more to pay for it, so that means everyone will have to pay more for a barrel of oil than they do at the minute.

The biggest losers if sadam is toppled are Russia, France, Germany, because they get concessions on their oil, iraq gives rusia, france and germany oil for food and medicines, and its more than what america gets by a long way, i think they work it out that russia get the equilavent of &#036;20 a barrel of oil, whereas they sell it for about &#036;34 to other countries, thats not a bad mark up, and russia has these concessions for another few years, but only if sadam is still in power. Dont be blaming the Americans and the Brits for going to war over the oil, blame Russia, France and Germany, for trying to put a block on it so the 2nd resolution failed, if that had passed maybe they could have worked out an extension for peace and weapon inspectors but instead France Vetoed it so it would have failed anyway, so blame them for this war, not the americans and the brits.

But whatever you believe in, and whatever country you come from, please support all the troups that are there when they eventually do go in.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Dont be blaming the Americans and the Brits for going to war over the oil, blame Russia, France and Germany, for trying to put a block on it so the 2nd resolution failed, if that had passed maybe they could have worked out an extension for peace and weapon inspectors but instead France Vetoed it so it would have failed anyway, so blame them for this war, not the americans and the brits.
    Do you really believe what you say? The second resolution was about a war&#33; The alternative was between a war (with UN approval) or... a war (without UN approval).

And don&#39;t forget there&#39;s been NO vote at the UN (ie no veto). If there&#39;de be one, a veto would proibably not have been necesseray from Russia or France, as there was not a majority of the Council willing to vote for this war.

But whatever you believe in, and whatever country you come from, please support all the troups that are there when they eventually do go in.
    I will support them as human beings, as I will support the people of Iraq. I will not support their cause.

I think that&#39;s what most Europeans think about it.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I think that&#39;s what most Europeans think about it.

By the way i am british, so i guess that makes me american not european in your book

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    If you are going to hate america, hate the government, not the people. Like all countries that have governments that are for the war, a majority of the civilians don&#39;t.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    By the way i am british, so i guess that makes me american not european in your book&nbsp;
    Damn. I wouldn&#39;t like to be Brittish these days. Would certainly become a schizo.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Originally posted by ketoprak@18 March 2003 - 13:34
    By the way i am british, so i guess that makes me american not european in your book
    Damn. I wouldn&#39;t like to be Brittish these days. Would certainly become a schizo.
    so you used to be british in the old days then??????

And wtf you on about, about being a schizo, you putting all british ppl in the same boat as someone youve met or dont like?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by kAb@18 March 2003 - 04:08
    i&#39;ve been convinced for a long time. his speech was good (i think it would&#39;ve been better if he had been sitting) and saddam needs to leave.

here is a very good analysis of iraq to convince all you peacepeople that war is a must.
    If anything, that Q and A made me more against the war. All the answers started with, "possibly" or "We don&#39;t know" etc. It showed me how uncertain we are about Iraq.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast