Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Bush's Speech..

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by lil_z@22 March 2003 - 05:02
    i wont, i think this insightful topic is closed. war (or should i say attacks) is/are underway. im actually kind of in shock at the amount of devastation that will arise from this event. the whole fuckin city is gonna be destroyed (along with the rest of the country).i didnt really think about it like that before. i mainly thought of the innnocents, and it looks like a whole lot more innocents are dead than i thought. do u think they will actually rebuild it with the oil money like they say, or start and then never finish, like afghanistan. (wait, did they in afghanistan?). and more choas now with the turks trying ta get a shot in with this oppportunity of weakness. spur of the moment thinking by them (or was this a plan all along?). sorry for all those kurds who will get slaughtered for no reason.
    so i guess the topic should not be closed.
    Keep your ears and eyes peeled for genuine facts-I don't know what (if any) news source you trust, but I don't believe in any case we'll get the goods before we see some kind of reporting from Baghdad.
    I think, on balance so far, things are going relatively cleanly, I hope I don't miss my guess.
    The Turkey incursion is a bit of a surprise, and indicative of an intelligence failure/breakdown. Definitely bears watching-although the Kurds have been treated poorly by Saddam, they are, as a group, very unpredictable. The fact we are aware of the mutual animosity between themselves and the Turks, as well as Baghdad, doesn't help us, they've always exhibited the traits of a cornered snake.

It's still early days-
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #142
    yes everyone is viewed as unpredictable. my guess in baghdad: the iraqis wait it out and then use chems or a huge unpredicted force of republican guards to create a devastating amount of casualties.
    i really hope they bomb the hell out of those military bases b4 they get there.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #143
    What do you think of the violence and disruptiveness of some of the protesting? I was talking with my wife earlier; she wondered why there is no coverage of some of the supportive rallies (I really hesitate to say pro-war; don't like the way it sounds)? It occurred to me the our liberal media would love to televise such an event with no sound-just a voice-over comparing it to Hitler's rallies, complete with accompanying film clips for comparison. I've seen perhaps 1% of the coverage devoted to peaceful demonstrations, the rest to the protesters who REALLY WANT YOUR ATTENTION, DAMMIT, and will obstruct you and everything else until they're hauled off to the slammer. I can't find an emoticon to symbolize a dumbass-put it on the wishlist with your nekkid woman
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #144
    well really, youd think CNN would be showing these "pro-war" rallies, but that might cause too much of an uproar about the media (like people dont see it already?&#33. (id ont even get CNN, and im glad) i like to get the coverage on this from BBC newsworld or ABC, not as biased as american. seriously tho, no govts care a shit about protests in the international spectrum, even if most of the world takes part. protests are only good for local wrongs or misjudgements. and actually, all the protests we see are in fact anti-war, it overwhelms the others by a huge amount (well over here at least, in the middle east they might want it but cant say it out loud - or is that just how we see it??) and create a good/bad image for the people/govt and their morals.

also, the pics in iraq of surrenders and heartwarming welcomes by the iraqis for the coalition. i agree that tons want saddam out and now probly feel safer cuz theyre away from baghdad (all his real minions are in the city), but do ya think this is exagerrated? and also 8000 surrendering?? was that confirmed? i dunno, but are we getting too much bias over here on the way iraqis now recieve us? whadya think?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #145
    I only heard 2000 surrendered-too early to tell about the happy greetings.
    I did get a kick out of the Iraqi citizen whacking Saddam's picture with his sandal (this is "horrendously" insulting over there).

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #146
    SHUT DOWN YOUR TELEVISION!

Everything is controlled by the army. There's no way to know what's true and what's not.

Close your eyes and use your brain. That's the only thing to do.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #147
    Originally posted by ketoprak@23 March 2003 - 13:53
    SHUT DOWN YOUR TELEVISION!

Everything is controlled by the army. There's no way to know what's true and what's not.

Close your eyes and use your brain. That's the only thing to do.
    I can use my brain with my eyes (and ears) open.

Whether or not the T.V. is on is of no import.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #148
    ok j2 now what about the english plane being shot down. whadya think?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #149
    Originally posted by lil_z@24 March 2003 - 02:58
    ok j2 now what about the english plane being shot down. whadya think?
    I think it's a goddamn shame and heads should roll-

What do you think about our P.O.W. s?

War IS hell.

My fingers remain crossed and I continue to pray.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #150
    how did they get the pows? ambush on the shippers?
    i think if bush threatens about the pows being safe, theyll hurt them. theyre gonna have a tough fight in baghdad. i predict many casualties. fuckin idiots. bomb those fuckin military bases NOW! (im not usually like this, but theyre not civilians, so ah well). (i dont know what im thinkin lately, ive changed i lil).

u see they know theyre gonna lose, but instead of surrendering, theyre gonna kill as many of us as possible first. damn saddam. they needed to get someone in there and just snuff him, and all the imposters. i wanna play hitman2 now.