Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush's Speech..

And wtf you on about, about being a schizo, you putting all british ppl in the same boat as someone youve met or dont like?
    No, I'm talking about being devided between Europe & the US (commonwealth), devided between what my government does and what the majority of the citizen think.

Wouldn't like that.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    merlin-1's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by jetje@18 March 2003 - 05:04
    The speech...

Made me clear its about the oil...

quote... not literaly

- all that put fire in oilwells will be prosecuted

Thats not the way he said it: He asked that they not set fire to the oil wells as the oil is for the Iraqi people but anyone that does will be prosecuted.There is a report out about a subway system that sadam was building in Bagdad years ago and most think the majority of his weapons are in there.

I picked this up on another board and thought it interesting and a little funny it's a peace activist that could'nt answer a simple question from an Iraqi caller on a talk show.

http://komo1000news.com/audio/kvi_aircheck_031003.mp3

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    jetje's Avatar former star
    it is the order he mentioned them... btw you raeally believe that the oil is for the Iraqi people?

now it's from Saddam and his followers and then its Bushes and it's followers... The people are always just the sitting ducks...

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by ketoprak@18 March 2003 - 14:43
    And wtf you on about, about being a schizo, you putting all british ppl in the same boat as someone youve met or dont like?
    No, I'm talking about being devided between Europe & the US (commonwealth), devided between what my government does and what the majority of the citizen think.

Wouldn't like that.
    Hate to break it to you, but the US isn't part of the Commonwealth, and a large percentage of Commonwealth countries aren't supportive of this war.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    This war is not ABOUT oil, however as oil is the largest export of IRAQ I would see where you guys and gals might get the idea. However it is not about oil, it is about a dictator who has killed his own citizens and sponsored terrorism that has killed other nations citizens.

If it were about oil then you would see a US flag flying after the war and it would become another US held piece of land. This is not going to happen, it sickens me to think that you people continue taking the easy look at things and spouting the "OIL" reason. Removing Saddam will not increase the US oil depository, not one single barrel.

Kuwait is the single largest importer of IRAQI oil and they will continue to import the oil no matter who may be in power. Simply stating this conflict is about oil because it makes you feel better is not the right thing to do; this conflict is about right and wrong.

I know there probably is not a single person on this forum that was around during WWII, however there are a lot of people (of Jewish faith especially) that wish the US and its allies had taken out Hitler before he murdered millions. However that did not happen and the world watched or more true to real life closed their eyes in horror as Hitler slaughtered millions.

As we cannot go back in time and change what has transpired we can only try and do what is right now, and as Saddam has failed to meet the UN's resolutions regarding weapons of mass destruction, then I feel it is time to put an end to it. As is the case with all conflicts, there will be casualties, however it could be much worse to let the man stay in power and possibly kill many more people than this conflict may.

That is it for me at this time, I may have more of a rebuttal shortly, need to take a break.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    i think too is a war Declaration, but anyway lets hope the war stays donw there on iraq....

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy@18 March 2003 - 15:30
    Simply stating this conflict is about oil because it makes you feel better is not the right thing to do; this conflict is about right and wrong.
    You're right. It is about right and wrong. I believe that it is wrong for us to kill and be killed when Iraq is in a position that he couldn't do anything without the entire world going after him. It may be slower to do things the diplomatic way, but it is just as effective, and will cost less lives.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Originally posted by kAb@18 March 2003 - 04:08
    i've been convinced for a long time. his speech was good (i think it would've been better if he had been sitting) and saddam needs to leave.

here is a very good analysis of iraq to convince all you peacepeople that war is a must.
    I read the Q & A, I'm not convinced.
    I read the transcript of Bush's speech, and I am convinced now that he really believes that he is acting on behalf of a gremium he just slapped in the face.

In my eyes that is one small trip for a bad politician, but a giant leap backward for mankind.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    but the US isn't part of the Commonwealth
    Oupss... I'd better shut up sometimes (always, will you say).

But I think you got me anyway.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Poster
    The speech only made it official what we already knew a long time ago: there will be a war.

If Saddam really loved his people, he would just leave his country, and avoid a war.
    That would really show some character.
    Unfortunately I can't see that happen.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast