Thread: Per User Broswer Defaults...

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I want my xp login to use firefox as my default browser, and for my other logins to use internet explorer as the default broswer.

How can I set this up? i tried "set program access and defaults," that didn't work.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    well you set the default ones in each accounts, what ever you set as default in one acount will not show results in another account.
    so for say:

user 1:
    default is ie6

user 2:
    defualt firefox

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    AFAIK, everyone gets the same Internet and Email settings - default for one is default for all.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Chewie UK@17 June 2004 - 17:50
    AFAIK, everyone gets the same Internet and Email settings - default for one is default for all.
    yes i know, you guys also said that the resolution you set would always be teh same for all users, but i found a fix to that.

so im hoping someone else has a fix for this? damn XP, i know in iwndows 98 or me (:x) this probably would have worked

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+17 June 2004 - 23:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 17 June 2004 - 23:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chewie UK@17 June 2004 - 17:50
    yes i know, you guys also said that the resolution you set would always be teh same for all users, but i found a fix to that. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s interesting, how do you do that one? It&#39;s something I&#39;ve wanted to do for years&#33;
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Chewie UK+18 June 2004 - 10:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK @ 18 June 2004 - 10:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@17 June 2004 - 23:10
    <!--QuoteBegin-Chewie UK
    @17 June 2004 - 17:50

yes i know, you guys also said that the resolution you set would always be teh same for all users, but i found a fix to that.
    That&#39;s interesting, how do you do that one? It&#39;s something I&#39;ve wanted to do for years&#33; [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s this program i found, you put it in the startup folder in your start menu then it just does it&#39;s job silently. Set the resoultion on yours, other ones stay same. Or set resolution on others, and yours stays same. works good.

I can&#39;t remember where i found it, but the program is called "Per User Display Settings", which is how i got teh idea for the name of this thread lol, i&#39;ll send you it on MSN if you want it.