Thread: Stubborn Icon View Settings!

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    My damn icon view settings for all my folders keep forceing to stay a certain way even though I change them everytime i goto the folder. Such as alot of my image folders allways display tiles! I NEED THUMBNAILS not ICONS!! Its very annoying and I already tried reset folder display settings and such. Any way to fix the glitch?? major problem when it comes to saving time.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    is the drive we talking about ntfs or fat32?
    i have noticed on ntfs it remembers how you set the view folders however in fat32 they revert back.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    ntfs

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    Open explorer, and set the view how you like it.

Then select Tools/Folder Options. In the View tab, uncheck "remember each folder's view settings", click "Apply", then click on the "Apply to all folders" button near the top, then click "OK".

If you now log off it will save this in your personal settings and it should be ok from that point onwards.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    I have the same prob. It's soooo annoying. Changes on me all the time. I've just been dealing with it. I wish M$ would fix this issue with the upcoming sp.