Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Snack At Your Sport Of Choice.

Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    beetroot !!!

it looks cool when i add it to salad ... all purple !!
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

2. Lounge   -   #22
    I think there is a fundamental difference in mentality when you compare the experience of a baseball game vs a soccer game.

I think EACH soccer game has greater importance than a single baseball game. A baseball season lasts 6 months with 162 games played, so losing a game is not a big deal.

Baseball is referred to as a "pastime", something to be enjoyed in a more relaxed fashion. Fans have plenty of time to walk around the stadium, talk, read a book, or most importantly EAT.

Baseball stadiums offer "fun" foods that you just can't get anywhere else. Different stadiums take pride in offering some of the local flavours and people are known to travel from stadium to stadium for the culinary experience alone.

To be honest, most fans are not watching intently when the other team is batting and are thus able to concentrate on the culinary diversions and of course, beer.

In your soccer matches, I imagine the constant ebb and flow of the action and the lack of stoppage in play, keeps the fans more engrossed in the action, and food and drink are less of an issue.

At baseball games we sit quietly most of the time, if it is common practice to stand at soccer games, I can see how having food and drink around might be a nuisance as people are spilling it all over on another.

Like Yogi said, nobody wants to pay 3 dollars for a boring soda, so stadiums have come up with unique ballpark fare to treat the fans and relieve them of all their money. The prices are like highway robbery, but it comes with a smile and a crazy straw.

Since I am just rambling, the one cool thing about baseball games is the potential to get a foul ball to take home with you. It is rare enough to make getting one fun, but there is a real enough chance that it could happen on any pitch.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123