Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Holy Shit!

I hate you all I can only download at a maximum of 160Kb/s (usually on BT it doesnt get over 100 though). I can upload at about 100KB/s too though

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    if i get hooked uo with a lot of fast poeple i get a faster speed than that ha ha

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    you have no proof!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Originally posted by E-squirrel@20 June 2004 - 20:03
    you have no proof!!
    either do you, for all we know you ripped that image from somewhere else...

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Originally posted by TheRealDave+21 June 2004 - 00:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 21 June 2004 - 00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-E&#045;squirrel@20 June 2004 - 20:03
    you have no proof&#33;&#33;&nbsp;
    either do you, for all we know you ripped that image from somewhere else... [/b][/quote]
    so whatdoes it matter do i care i have a decent hook up and i posted my speed test and nice to see some good new 4 D

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    I&#39;m just messing around with you, lol, chill out. By the way, nice boobs&#33;

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Originally posted by E&#045;squirrel@21 June 2004 - 21:52
    I&#39;m just messing around with you, lol, chill out. By the way, nice boobs&#33;
    just ignore my previous comments, i&#39;m going through some stressfull times atm

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    You can&#39;t bork on the guy that much.

I can get a few hundred down and only can only all 13 up. If I leave it on cable fast I&#39;ll wind up getting capped from my provider at 128k instead of 1mbit.

Ah well.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by E&#045;squirrel+20 June 2004 - 15:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (E&#045;squirrel &#064; 20 June 2004 - 15:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>you have no proof&#33;&#33;&nbsp; [/b]
    You may have been telling the truth, but the &#39;evidence&#39; you offered does NOT collaborate what you said. The picture shows your upload rate as less than 20 KB/sec PLUS the upload slider is near the left side and seems to be below 20 -- the blurred-out number seems to be 1-something. In short, you&#39;re disagreeing with yourself.

So go argue with yourself and when you&#39;ve sorted it out come back and tell us who won. <!--QuoteBegin-typingsux
    @21 June 2004 - 18:32
    I can get a few hundred down and only can only all 13 up. If I leave it on cable fast I&#39;ll wind up getting capped from my provider at 128k instead of 1mbit.[/quote]You simply cannot exceed the speed of your connection -- especially on uploads -- without BAD things happening. Even if your ISP doesn&#39;t further cripple your connection, pushing upload speeds to absolute max only results in hideous download speeds and ironically REDUCED upload speeds compaired to &#39;nearly max speed&#39; uploading.

I am not asking you to upload at &#39;unlimited&#39; speed -- I highly recommend AGAINST using that setting.

I in fact think it is BETTER to be using super seed mode and &#39;average&#39; upload rate over a LONG period of time rather than using normal seed mode and a faster upload rate for a shorter period of time EVEN THOUGH in the second case you upload MORE. This is because with super seed mode you are giving the NEEDED parts to the swarm of downloaders to share among themselves. With regular seed mode, you may be uploading the same parts multiple times to different users while they NEVER get the missing parts they all need before you reach 1:1 ratio for uploading to downloading.

Note that with LOTS of downloaders/peers and many distributed copies between thm, super seed mode DOESN&#39;T work well. It&#39;s when the number of downloaders is few and/or a FULL copy of the file cannot be created by them sharing the parts they have that super seed mode is really needed. If there&#39;s lots and lots of downloaders, you&#39;ll end up sharing 1/10th of a chunk to lots of users and they won&#39;t be able to upload ANY of it till they get a complete chunk.

File chunks are typically 256 KiloBYTES in size, although they are often larger for movies. Even at 10 KB/sec upload rate to 4 users, splitting that equally means they each get 2.5 KB/sec. So it takes about 1min 45sec to send out a chunk to each person -- however BitTorrent likes to &#39;jump users&#39; on uploads a LOT if there&#39;s lots of users, so it may take considerably longer before you send the 1st chunk to ANYONE. Until someone gets at least 1 COMPLETE file chunk that somebody else needs, they will not upload anything.

Even a 1:1 upload:download ratio is only a general rule. Some torrents have SO MANY seeds that you can&#39;t upload fast on them because all the peers/downloaders are maxed out in speed&#33; Others need far more uploading JUST to keep those torrents alive&#33; I try to keep my upload bandwidth at least 75% used even 24/7 -- since I cannot save it up and it&#39;s separate from my download bandwidth.

For those with bandwidth daily/monthly caps, I recommend uploading at a (much?) reduced rate but over a longer period. You don&#39;t have to upload 1:1 with your downloads, but you BETTER NOT exit the torrent (unless you&#39;re just rebooting and/or will return later) if there&#39;s no other seeds&#33; At least make sure all the peers/downloaders have at least 1 (preferably more) distributed file copy between themselves.

Something new I&#39;ve started doing is starting FINISHED torrents immediately after rebooting, because these can start uploading immediately while I search for and/or start new torrents. After new torrents start uploading, I either slow or exit these finished torrents so the new torrents can upload and hopefully download at full speed. Once again this is because I cannot save my upload bandwidth up for later use... so I might as well give away all I can.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by jamesandpie@19 June 2004 - 23:06
    You american bellskin "Gotten" isnt a word. This annoys me more than you can possibly imagine.
    Isnt&#33; What kind of word is that? Isn&#39;t it spelt with an apostrophe? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone&#33;

Why don&#39;t you leave the Yanks alone to brag about their download speeds and try to con each other with phony screen prints.
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast