Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Holy Shit!

Poster
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@25 June 2004 - 14:59
    On ADSL it would be virtually impossible to have a speed of higher than 64KB/s (because 512 divided by 8 is 64).
    well thats only if u have a 512 connection

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    How do you work out the share ratio with the info given?
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    Upload/download

Oh and a side note to Switeck:
    I suggest you post that information in the BT Tips section.
    Your single post answered ALL the questions I had back when I was a newbie at BT (ah the times ), so your post would be a valuable asset to the Tips section.
    Although I understand your post works best on the Shad0ws BT Client (based on the settings names), with a few settings name changes by repliers to said tips thread it can be easily as informative for Azureus users.

Your post could very well become the thing users can refer to when met with leechers who whine about their capped connection and use this as an excuse to leech.

Keep up the good work mate
    Sage goes in the signature field.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore

LMFAO this is why i love torrent bits.... they let you download like crazy but they just wont let you upload......

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Poster
    Originally posted by Monkeee@27 June 2004 - 04:49
    LMFAO this is why i love torrent bits.... they let you download like crazy but they just wont let you upload......
    Ironically, it's due to people using the default upload speed of 'unlimited' -- this stuffs up their connection and makes BitTorrent think they're already downloading at max speed. So if you DO limit your upload bandwidth BELOW your connection's max upload speed then YOU are far more likely to get a fast download speed than the other users -- this of course ASSUMES you are not firewalled though.

In the picture, it's quite possible that with only 4 downloaders (3 peers+you) and 50 seeds that the 50 seeds are able to saturate everyone's download bandwidth.

The longer people leave BitTorrent open after finishing a download, the more likely that is to happen.

I don't even bother trying to get a 1:1 download to upload ratio on those torrents -- instead I spend my upload bandwidth on OTHER torrents that are desperate for seeds!

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    lol yeah its so hard to get a 1:1 ratio on torrent bits.... funny to say but to many seeders... not enough leechers.. lol....

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Originally posted by E-squirrel@19 June 2004 - 16:00
    Downloading a movie, I can't beleive it was going this fast!

How do you download at such a high rate? I have a really fast ISP but i keep downloading at 10-20 :'( and my upload is so high like at 100.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    One more thing, how come your BT torrent has a green light? my has a yellow light? how do you get the green light on?

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Poster
    ugh i hate this question. the yellow means only u have established connections. and others havent attempted to connected to you. usually this happens because u havent forwarded the ports bt uses (usually 6881/6889) if not u might have a firewall so just open those ports

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    how do i open the ports?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast