Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How Do You Burn A 2.5 Hr. Movie On An 80 Min Vcd?

david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    I'll have to go with muchspl2 on this one. I had never heard of a KVCD before, so naturally I would assume the proper format would be VCD. The matter is, however, that I got the movie to work, and even though there may have been some misleading posts, it all ended up working out.

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by muchspl2@29 June 2004 - 03:36
    this is how much I care "."
    not much,
    instead of helping you just confused him, you probably never made a decent kvcd nor a vcd for that matter
    although you say your an expert
    the only expertise I see is being a dick head, the guy asked a question on squeezing a movie on a disc
    so he said vcd, who gives a shit, you and i both know he doesn't care of the format just that he can play it in his dvd player
    I suggest you just drop it, if you don't understand by now then i guess you will never get it

cliff notes:
    your mom sucked me off while your sister made me breakfast
    Its always the case when someone loses the arguement that they resort to foul language. Its evident for all to see from the posts who is right.

I made 73 vcd's before buying a dvd writer. I also made 4 kVCD's. kvcd's are only for people don't possess a dvd writer, so not worth my time. Even kdvd's for me don't offer sufficient benefits over dvd complient mpeg2 to jsutify the change, others may prefer it but thats their choice.

If you learn not to question the knowledge of others on something you don't understand then it would have been worth my time to set you straight, as I have done.
    Robert00000

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Originally posted by david622@29 June 2004 - 18:19
    I'll have to go with muchspl2 on this one. I had never heard of a KVCD before, so naturally I would assume the proper format would be VCD. The matter is, however, that I got the movie to work, and even though there may have been some misleading posts, it all ended up working out.
    Have look at my first post on this topic, i said with kvcd's you can fit more onto a disc.

And VCD is the proper format, not all dvd players support kvcd, but all players that are VCD complient support VCD.

KVCD is a hybrid format that plays on players that can play mpeg1 streams encoded with VBR and non standard frame sizes (with high resolution movies) for the formats.

As you're new to encoding it was important to differentiate between the two formats. If after encoding you tried to play the movie on a dvd player that plays VCD's, but not KVCD's you would think there was something wrong with the player or the movie.

My point of all this is that muchspl didnt know what a VCD is, and was accusing me of not knowing what i was talking about and should not say anything, when in reality it was him who didnt know.

The fact that he makes a lot of posts means if he isn't sure about something and passes bad advice to others it will pass from one person to the other.

It's better for people to be sure what they're talking about and not tell someone who is that their wrong, when in fact they are right.

I suspect the only think he is good at is kvcd. Some of us actually understand how the different formats work from personal experience by experimention, and not what we have read or heard from others.

I hope this is the last time some idiot contravenes my posts. I may not have the time to post often, but when i give advice its from good understanding and not guesswork.

If my posts make muchspl2 honest about his knowledge then they will have been worth it.
    Robert00000

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    muchspl2
    just drop it you dumbass, you lost
    get over it

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    Originally posted by muchspl2@29 June 2004 - 20:06
    just drop it you dumbass, you lost
    get over it
    Look at the facts, if you can read then you will know who the loser is

The fact is i said you can't fit a 2 hr 30 min movie in VCD format on a 80 min disc, but with kvcd you can at low quality.

You said i don't know what i'm talking about and should not give advice.

WHO IS RIGHT ?
    Robert00000

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    muchspl2
    for one kvcd is not "low quality" and second, the poster himself agreed he had never herd of kvcd
    you were wrong, get used to it

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    Originally posted by muchspl2@29 June 2004 - 20:34
    for one kvcd is not "low quality" and second, the poster himself agreed he had never herd of kvcd
    you were wrong, get used to it
    You are losing touch of what this argument is about. The poster only agreed he had never heard of KVCD, in any case i had suggested KVCD. This has nothing to do with this argument.

The reason for this is as follows.

This is my first post below concerning the poster's question about a 2 HR 30 MIN movie:

‘The simple answer to this is NO. If in VCD format it will only hold 80 min on a 80 min disc.
    VCD uses Constant Bit Rate, so there is no way to reduce the size. With KVCD you can fit more by sacrificing quality.’

This is your reply below:

‘thats not true, you can hold much longer than 80 min, what are you talking about, and if done correctly and from a dvd source, it will look very similar
    I suggest you not try "help" people unless you understand what it is you're talking about’

and this afterwards

I don't understand what you're trying to say you can fit more than 70 min on a cd,

Unless you have a mental illness you will realise i'm right. You are suggesting to him he could fit a 2hr 30 min movie in VCD format and i shouldnt try to help.

You must have thought any movie on a cd is called a VCD.

WHO IS RIGHT?
    Robert00000

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    muchspl2
    i miss read your comment, but your missing the point, instead of helping you just spammed a bunch of google replies
    next time try to understand what people want, not just take everything in context
    wisdom != knowledge
    you seem to be smart, but lack basic comprehension skills

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    I suggest the next time you guys want to fight like children amongst yourself, do it via PM. No reason whatsoever for the two of you to piss all over this post.

Since he has accomplished his task, the post is now closed.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234